Sunday, December 1, 2019

Sunday

It's a difficult thing to do, type, when a Buddy cat has napped out on my lap right in front of the computer. I will try and accept the challenge. It has been a full and fun day. Roy is doing his prep for tomorrow and has the Hallmark Channel on. The other night we watched World War 2 in color...my choice.

The day was much cooler than yesterday. Roy and I had gone to LaCenterra for breakfast at Las Alamedas and do a little window shopping until his hair appointment at The Board Room. The skies were overcast and it was a little misty...but we never got real rain, so we kept on going, running errands and just doing fun stuff throughout the area. Over to Old Katy and back to Cinco Ranch. We picked up some lo mien and headed home. Of course we wanted to get home in time for the game....the LSU game. It has been a lot of fun this year being LSU fans and that doesn't always happen. I asked Dena today when she stopped watching the game since she is an Aggie, she said at 21-0 but she did check in on it from time to time...whoop.

We went to the Cypress Campus today of Houston's First Baptist Church. The church and campus are so beautiful and inviting. Has a real sense of warmth. I was happy to see friends from days gone by and do a little catching up. Dena met us there for the one service for the day. Zac Hufty preached and his sermon was so good. Long ago when we were on staff together he was the middle school minister and he was fun to sit with in staff meeting. Roger Cullins is leading worship there and he too was on staff in the long ago day. I ran into him this morning and we got a quick catch up. But the best of the best of the best was seeing Jason Swiggart and family. First of all his youngest two are such fine young men. Back in that day they were kiddos and sometimes I went and got them from FBA and delivered them back to their dad in the office. Their older brother was my paid Wednesday night worker and his dad cut the salary I offered to him. What is the going price of child labor anyway? I loved catching up with Jason and Paige and our laughter and conversations started back where they left off. Jason is doing so well as a pastor. He has a shepherd's heart. I am so proud of him and how the Lord is using him. He said to me, you haven't changed and I don't know if that was an Excel reference or not...cause Excel was not my friend. I was so thankful for a hubs that could set up and send me a spread sheet while he ate lunch. Sometimes Roy would add all this fancy calculating things and that for sure gave me away that the work wasn't mine. Hopefully, we can grab some lunch in the next few weeks. What a total joy to visit and hug their necks. Roy was off to workout right after church, so Dena and I headed back to Katy to eat lunch. We finally settled on Lupe's due to the fact the restaurant we wanted to go to was blocked by In and Out traffic. Lupe's has the best beef fajitas bar none and fresh salsa....oh my....so good! After our great lunch we decided to go to Hurts Donuts and it was good and the donuts are beautiful, but not as good as all the hype. Plus, they had run out of dairy, so no cream for the coffee....it also seemed to be run by 16 year olds...that's an exaggeration but maybe not. Anyway I can check it off the list. I told Dena when she comes to visit I'll take her to some of the donut places in Asheville.

This afternoon I have taken it easy and putting up some of the purchases over the weekend. The house is a little cluttered but nothing that won't take about 30 minutes. This week I have some plans but I also have work to do here at the house. I also need to fine tune and write out the lesson for this Sunday in Dayspring LBS at The Loop campus. Carolyn called a month or so ago asking if I would teach one week while here. The lesson is somewhat written out but not in final form.

Well, Roy has turned in for the evening. He has to get up at 2:30 and drink more of the junk for his 6:30 appointment. Buddy left and has given up on remaining on my lap.

No comments: