Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Shopping, Churching and Brunching


It is looking and feeling like a winter day out here on the prairie. The wind is blowing and rain is keeping a steady beat on the back patio. I just read an article on wearing winter whites that was interesting but I am doing my best to bring about Christmas gray as a fashion statement. My campaign began several years ago during a discussion in choir about what to wear for our concert. We could have started a church trend by dressing the part of a winter sky and ended the concert with a rousing rendition of Bleak Mid Winter. Always brings a tear to the eye...the tears are there for different reasons but that is a bunny trail. I'm all about the Christmas gray.

I was able to run all my errands in one shopping center yesterday. First stop, Petco to find treats that Buddy will eat. I brought treats with us but forgot to bring her favorite flavor and in all my forays into grocery stores, haven't found Morning Munch. I did find some treats though that she is eating and seems to enjoy. Keeping Buddy happy is important. She has done so well this trip and has taken up here just like she had never left. Even though I feel my Academy days are not a priority like earlier in life, since it is here and close, I made another stop. Always fun to look around. With all the former Louisiana folks living here you would think they might carry LSU gear but no. Had an interesting conversation with the man working in that area. He said he has asked to carry LSU and he knows it would sell well, but the powers that be keep it at Texas, Aggies, and some UH. No Baylor either. Then a quick trip into the Kroger. We were out of yogurt and I wanted to look again at cat treats. There was a lot of commotion in the front of the store and I began to wonder if I should keep to the back cause who knew what all of that yelling meant. I went to the front of the store to check out and soon realized what the yelling was about...getting you in line for checking out. The official lady with the hand held radio was making quite a fuss as she directed us to the fastest lines.

This week I will begin working on the lesson for Sunday School for the first Sunday to be back in the mountains. On Sunday, I taught in Dayspring Life Bible Study at First Baptist. I had been asked to teach on lessons I have learned in the mountains so we looked at mountain man Elijah to apply what he learned, where he had victory and the places of despair. Lisa P was at The Loop on Sunday too because she was singing in the morning services. Roy and I found our regular places on the back row of the balcony. Before teaching Peggy treated us to one of her new characters, Tammy Tourguide. She and Drew are taking a group to DC in the spring. While teaching in Houston I could feel the prayers of friends in the Joy class in NC praying.

Image result for willie g's post oak

After church Roy, Dena, Malcolm, Lisa and I met at Willie G's for lunch...only none of us realized that the restaurant had moved to a plush and swankier location. I have always loved their gumbo but we were surprised that now there was a brunch menu. So, what could be better than gumbo and some of the best pancakes ever? Not much on a menu I tells ya, cause it was all delicious. Image may contain: food

Image may contain: people sitting, table, food and indoor

After brunch Roy and I went over to Whole Earth Provision Company to see if any Flax was on sale. Found a couple of pieces and we left to return home. Lisa had invited me to the Nord Night that evening but my socks and boots didn't cooperate and I got such a blister on my little toe. Tried on several pairs of shoes and boots, nothing worked so I had to decline the invite...Nord Night is such a fun event.

Well once again time to bring the post to a close. More catching up later.

No comments: