Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Stuff and Fun

Yes, truly it is darkest before the dawn. How do I know that? I was up most of the night with one of the worst coughing jags in recent memory. My prayer is and is reinforced after last night, that I don't ever get really sick and need help in the middle of the night cause Roy...he would not be helpful until too late. Last night I was coughing so hard I couldn't get my breath. It really scared me and Roy kind of woke up and said, you need NyQuil and went back to sleep. Buddy followed me into the kitchen, coughing woke her up, and at least let me try to drink some water...difficult to drink and then get choked at the same time...  Only when she thought I was okay did she start working me for treats.

I took Buddy to our vet here yesterday afternoon. With all the road construction, what used to be a quick ten minute drive turned into thirty minutes. The Dr and staff were happy to see Buddy and I told her my concerns with the care Buddy was given in Asheville. With Buddy being an older cat her weight loss can be attributed to several things. The Dr had blood work run and it was all good. She thinks that Buddy might be experiencing heart problems because of her respiratory rate. This would also explain why she is fatigued so much of the time. The Dr was kind enough to write down the questions I needed to ask and gave me a copy of her blood work to show the vet in Asheville. The visit gave me peace of mind because I want to take good care of my Buddy Cat, cause over the course of her life with us, she sure has taken care of me.

Another thing got taken care of last night, thank you Roy. One of my prescriptions needed to be filled while here and getting that done has been nearly a two week ordeal. Finally, after several trips to the pharmacy I sent Roy. Roy was able to get a thirty day supply of my heart med and it wasn't a moment too soon cause my supply was low, really low. It would be nice to keep constant with that med since it helps control my heartbeat.

Truly, when Roy says North Carolina saved my life...that is the honest truth. The extra stresses of traffic and general road rudeness has taken a little bit of a toll on me these past few weeks. And I have also learned that some of those places I long for when I'm in the mountains has more of a nostalgic longing than an actual one. Shopping at Macy's and the like...online has been a better source than the actual store. Usually, I would have gone to the Nord but once again online has been the best way to shop. Some of my favorite niche shops have closed. So, the good out of this is, I have saved money by not doing very much shopping while here.

Roy most probably will make the Goodwill run by himself this afternoon. We have worked hard on getting closets cleared and dressers cleared of things that need to move on. I have not touched the casita bedroom and probably won't begin there until another trip this way. Just that one small box of treasures hit me emotionally unawares and there is more sentimental in the casita bedroom than here in the house. I have found a few things I forgot about but will be returning home with us. Thankfully, most of it is going out of the house, not to North Carolina.


No comments: