Thursday, June 15, 2023

Curated or Friendly Cooperation

 The never ending chores of dead heading roses is upon us these days. We have roses in about four different areas in the back as well as the front. Roy was able to get a good portion done last night while I was...planting roses. Okay, not big roses but miniature roses for containers. Also planted a few more zinnias, also in a container. The gnats were so bad last night it made everything a bit difficult. Our helpers in The Feral Fam were along our sides as we made our way around doing chores. The payoff for Fido was playing with the planting pots the miniature roses came in. He was trying to show Chanel how to play with them and even engaged playing with her. Ah yes, the step across generations in The Fam. 

We made a quick drive over to TJs in Mars Hill. Great peaches and picked up some strawberries. Also, I liked their zinnias and got a couple more to put in the garden. Made a stop then at Ingles. On the way home, since the top was down, we kept an eye on the sky cause off in the distance across the mountains we could see rain. The temps cooled and the sky became the lovely rain patina of gray. We made it home and it never rained a drop. Made the above paragraph about dead heading roses a little easier.

Another year, another SBC convention. Another convention filled with everything the world has to offer, well in discussions or arguments or whatever. Social media presence adds a lot now because before that one couldn't be sure on which side someone was on. That seems counterintuitive to write. I didn't watch any of it but read Twitter and saw pics posted on Twitter. If I was a SBC pastor and of course there is no way I could be nor do I want to be one, but if I was, I would think the convention attendance as a punishment, but then again that's just me. No attention span and I might have to bring a coloring book to keep me occupied. At this time of year, back in the early 80s when the conservatives fought back and won power, my non Baptist friend asked  if the SBC spilt what church would I go to and I answered, the one with a gym. I can now add "friendly cooperation" to my list of phrases or words that make me laugh or question all I have ever known...not in Baptist circles exclusively. Like it is aggravating to get an email from J. Jill or Macy's, even Duluth Traders telling me that they have curated a few clothing items that fit my style. So far, they ain't even batting a 1000, curated or not. But, I digress, back to the subject at hand. Maybe if everyone went over here, on a field trip, there wouldn't have been so much dissention in the ranks. Or maybe if everyone got a sugar high from beignets...Maybe next year everyone can agree over corn fritters or corn products from Indiana. Sugar crème pie...that will do the trick!


Dena and I stopped on one of our road trips to the Biltmore. All I can say is, we were disappointed. No pumpkins. Hardly saw a Baptist either. 

The results from my bloodwork are in and there are a few changes as far as this non medical professional can read but I'll wait for the dr appointment. 

I am deeply considering doing something unconventional in the arrangement of the downstairs. With the furniture Roy brought with him last year, we decided to move the couch into the front room and for now go with chairs in the living room. It works okay and we need to decide what we are going to do. Doug suggested that with our dining room that we never use, we could convert that space and sell the dining room furniture...only I am not quite ready to do that, sell the furniture. So we have a nice sized entrance way and we can move the dining room table there easily. We can use this front room again as an office and then get rid of one of the desks. We'd have to have the chandelier changed or lifted higher but it is totally do able. We don't entertain and most people who would see it wouldn't judge us or if they did it would be on the quiet side. Even if it was on the loud side, I don't know that it would matter much to us. Anyway, we are measuring and I think we have found a small couch. Getting things together to get a junk hauler out here. So these are the things that occupy me today as well as studying Jeremiah 7. Roy and I are in friendly cooperation as we discuss these plans. 

No comments: