Thursday, June 29, 2023

Tigers, Toupe Jr and Toupee

 What a great morning to be a Tiger, a LSU Tiger that is. Last night I did my part for the team much like 2019, only follow on Twitter or the ESPN app. I did watch the last out but the game cast on my phone was faster than our TV. After the second game in the series and Roy was a little down over that score, I reminded him that after a blowout win like Florida had, it is difficult to come back the next day and that baseball/softball theory proved to be correct. Since we were outside working when the game started, we didn't see the two runs that the Gators got, but we did see a deer in the pasture that soon will be houses while we were discussing if we or should we outsource getting a dead hydrangea removed. When we see wildlife, animal not partying, we are grateful and I took that as a good sign that LSU would win the world series. That deer was there for a second and was gone just like that. Yes, I know that is what deer do but still....

We were able to get Toupee this morning into the clinic and we transferred Toup Jr from a carrier into a trap for twenty four hours. She expressed her displeasure about the whole thing through biting into and through my thick leather gardening gloves. She got me good but we got her into the trap. Now we will slide some water and food in which should be okay cause we use jar lids. I was just watching Toupee's  kittens playing in wild abandon in the backyard. The little decorative long grass plant is getting ready for another round of kittens playing in the long green leaves. By summer's end this plant will be almost a straw color and war weary with extended hide and seek for kittens and some of the younger cats. Kingsley, Toup Jr's sister who is fixed, is out there having the time of her life playing as opposed to being stalked by male cats. Toupee still calls for her kittens much longer than most mama cats do and I am glad she had such a cute last litter. 

My brother sold his home in TN and has moved to the great state of Missouri. He posted a few pics of taking the first load and it reminded me so much from back in the day when he moved from Houston to Atlanta. He has always had happy feet, even as a child. Both of us have learned there are different reactions to childhood trauma. He would leave the house and be gone all day while I decided to stay holed up in my bedroom with my books. He had bike flight while mine was book flight. His home in Missouri is beautiful and shocked me that he didn't buy mid century modern but a home built in 1914 with arts and craftsman vibes. But when you fall in love with a house, there is no hope to look at anything else. Here we loved the views and the layout but could have done with a larger bathroom and closet. We have worked around the negatives. I do miss our CR bathroom though. Oh well, I don't miss the heat of Houston, that's for sure. 

**************

This week we got two of The Feral Fam for fixing and for a better life. I am sure that Toup Jr and Toupee might disagree with that right now, but in the long run, happier lives. Love that Toupee didn't bolt from the carrier when we let her out and after a bit of grooming she must have wanted to look good for the kids, she gave that mama cat call out to her bunch and those kittens came running. Although they are older, they still respond to the call. They were lost without her presence. The afternoons have been rather warm so The Feral Fam seek shelter in the shade of the gravel road. Later in the evening we brought out the food and I whistled. Here came Toupee a running for supper followed by Coco and Chanel. Soon her other kittos sauntered over to the food dishes, sleep not too far from their eyes. After a delicious dinner, life came back to the lethargic kittens and frolic was the name of the game. 

Tuesday, saw my doctor for the yearly wellness check. My first year of getting the draw the clock thing and then the can you remember these three words. I almost drew a clock radio with digital numbers for the clock. On the second round of what were these three words, I couldn't remember the third word, mainly because I had moved on to the clock. Remembered it began with a C. Drat, but I do remember that I chieve not over or a, chieve. I feel like I answered all the questions enthusiastically and my questions were answered by the doctor and his staff. We've known our doctor since he was a youth at church and know his parents. You are asked about your meds, sometimes at different doctors several times. I can't pronounce half of them so it seems my answers go with the name, then I say the generic version. While there waiting for a tetanus shot as well as a booster for pneumonia my phone buzzed but I didn't answer. My friend Bev was concerned over Toup's bites on my fingers. Just happened to have the appointment so that worked out well. On Wednesday, lunch at The Blue Rooster seemed to be where to celebrate the farthest day from the next doctor appointment for wellness check. Fried chicken and coconut cake. 

Had an early wake up around 3:00 am but I was able to work on the lesson and so some reading before returning to bed. Don't have these kinds of nights much anymore and for this I am thankful. 

The fields where Dr King had bison, Watutsi cows, and other animals looks like nothing has been in those fields for a while. Made me kind of sad. I hadn't driven back that way for quite sometime.  

No comments: