Thursday, June 1, 2023

The Days Await

 Hi, my name is Nancy and I am hooked on watching videos of apartments available in NYC, Brooklyn, Hells Kitchen, Williamsburg, and other places outside of Manhattan. Upper east side, Soho.... I have no interest in moving to New York but I am fascinated by the descriptions of what constitutes spaciousness. Almost every bedroom they show looks like it might have room for bunk beds, but the realtor says, room for a queen size bed. But I think the catch is...that is all there is room for, no chest of drawers, nightstands, a chair or even a small desk...sometimes the closets are bigger than the bedrooms. Of course the price is out of reach for many and thus comes the roommate situation. One person commented, yes living on the ground floor is a reprieve from stairs but if only you can deal with the sound of rats wrestling outside your window. That would be it for me. The other interesting note is commentary on kitchens. I did not know that dishwashers could be made so small. I am just happy to have an attention span again and while I try not to waste time, if I am going to view much, this isn't so bad.

The pasture, soon to be homes, but now, the pasture across from us was mowed, fluffed, and rolled into bales last week. Such an interesting process and the fragrance of fresh cut grass with the hay feel, is one of my very favorite fragrances. The man on the all purpose John Deere is an artist as he maneuvered around the stakes and flags marking houses or roads or whatever they are going to do over there probably sooner than later.  

We finished up John yesterday. John 21 is a favorite chapter and although in the quarterly we were mainly to cover the last half, we barely looked at that yesterday. Now, the challenge of Jeremiah. Several months ago I bought some books on Jeremiah. One of them is very technical and goes into the detail of the of all the kings and rulers of other countries and the timeline of it all. We kind of studied that last year in the divided kingdom but what has interested me is Jeremiah himself, his calling and through it all never seeing any results of his preaching and warnings, he stayed in the strength of God. 

********

I have been feeding the kitties, main concern, and any other of the Feral Fam that join in. We found these great sectioned platters in the picnic section of a store, so that is what we use. I stay out there hoping to get these kittos accustomed to being with hooomans. I have a couple that will come up and smell my extended hand. Fido has let me pet him and he is a part of the welcoming committee when coming out the garage door to serve brunch and after supper snack. Fluff Mo is even braver about near me. Since Radley has taken over from King Herod banishing KH over the rainbow bridge, he has kind of become a snoot head. Guess it comes when one is the King of the Territory. He makes life for any non fixed male cat a life on the run. So when Radley comes down the backyard steps, the male cats scatter. An interesting happening last week, Beanie had just finished eating and he was having a sneezing attack. I saw the problem and right as I was making the move toward him, he came to me for help. Not only had he inhaled his food, he had inhaled a skinny piece of grass up his nostril. Picked him up and put him on my lap, then on the second try, I was able to pull that long skinny piece of grass from his nose. Think that is resume worthy. 

The sound of trees and overgrown areas is the sound of yesterday and this morning. The tree trimming part of Duke Electric is out working to cut back trees, take out dead trees and such for the upcoming summer season, well and winter too, because it has been about five years since the last major push to make the electric lines and such safe from falling trees. Our busy road is one lane for the duration of the trimming. Some of the equipment used looks like tanks. 

Just got in from feeding the kittos and misc cats. Now the back is a whirlwind of activity. Fighting, wrestling, some waiting for the right moment to attack and a few ready for the morning nap. The adult cats spread out from the top of the yard and across from fir trees to the buttery fly bushes. Some will join Roy out in the front as he works in the front garden. In a bit I'll be pulling weeds, the ongoing work of the side of the driveway flowerbed. It is at that point I am taking pics of plants because I can't remember if they are wildflowers or weeds. 

The beginning of these summer months where the sun coming through the fully leafed trees making odd patterns on the grass in the yard. Soon the yellow school busses will take a break and those luxurious carefree days even if we are not affected by the school year brings an inner joy even in the busiest of moments. 


No comments: