Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday at the Office

I am writing from the office. I usually don't do this but I am here past my two hours and need to shut things down for the day. Also, our computer at home is messed up again.

Yesterday, I came in for a couple of hours and then napped for 3 hours afterwards. Getting my strength back will be a journey. My body doesn't know the difference between fun and work. I got caught up in visiting with everyone. Today I cleaned out some supplies and rearranged a few things. Nothing heavy, but it is enough.

I came back to a brand new computer. I have a docking station for the laptop and a huge flat screen. I think I could do traffic control with this screen or be a trader. Anyway, I think my antique computer has been passed on to someone who has an even older computer than mine.

Roy totally frightened me last night. Because I over did yesterday, I wasn't feeling well last night. When Roy came to bed he could not hear or see my breathing. I woke up with a hand in my face and it frightened me, you know coming out of a dead sleep. It was Roy checking to see if I was breathing. He could have just said my name or something.

Well, that is about all the happenings for now. Hopefully I will have something of note to post soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you checked in from the office...when your computer is down i worry....i check in daily at least once to see how you are doing.....fun you got to visit with friends today ...it makes work much more enjoyable...rest, read and relax this reekend...the the R's are rerry important!@$#@!
p.s....maybe rethink the airtraffic controller/trader options....it might be a tad stressful....not sure i know today which would be worse or if they are really any different..just direct the friend traffic in the
office for now!

jené said...

Nancy,

I know it is hard to slow down. I know it is difficult not to do what we think we can. I also know you listen for the Spirit's sometimes small still voice. Please heed His leading in your life to take care of your body. I know we will spend eternity together in heaven but am hoping to have you here for quite a long time yet. Nothing you have to do at work is worth hurting yourself. You are not replaceable but someone else can do your job.

Please remember how so many of us love you and want your wisdom, joy and laughter in our lives.

love,

jené

Dana said...

I knew you were going to need a nap!

And as much as we love seeing you, we are going to have to learn to not wear you out...

:)

Becky Kiser said...

poor roy. he's so cute!

Kristen said...

I'm glad you're working from home some - it's a glorious way to work.