Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Time for a Praise Him, Praise Report

Yesterday morning I woke up a little bit before 4:00 am. It has always been my habit to have a radio on for most of the night and here of late, the station is KHCB. Now, don't age me up because I have been doing this, but I like that they read scripture in between the music all night long. And these days you know for me it is all about keeping a low stress level. Anyway, in my groggy state I heard them reading Zep 3:17. My spirit soared because that verse so ministered to me after our near miss of being in New York on 9/11. Then a song began to play and it seemed so familiar to me. I realized it was a song from the first youth musical I was ever in after becoming a Christian. Of course those two times are milestones for me and on the day I am to get my nuclear stress test results, how loving is the Lord to use KHCB to minister His presence in such a specific way. Oh for those of you that have no clue what a youth musical is, it is a 70's contemporary phenomenon. Upbeat music, with 70's themes of what youth were facing back in the day and then of course the big production number that ties everything up nicely in bow. We got to wear PANTSUITS! Never been done before, but if our heads bobbed a little too much or there was any movement to the music, that got shut down in rehearsals. Oh what a forerunner I was for the contemporary of now.

Off task...so I am grateful to Jesus for that little somethin, somethin extra for me yesterday. I wrote in my journal before going in the DR. office of what I had experienced, read and felt was from the Lord the past few weeks, dated and timed it.

Here are the Praise Him results
  • My heart is up to 36% usage up from 10% on September 11
  • Very little damage to my heart from my heart attack
  • No blockages
  • I have a virus in my heart and it has cause all the health related issues. I have had the virus for a short amount of time, heart wise, and I will have the same or better quality of health than before all this happened
  • Not back to longer hours yet at work, but that will happen as I work back into that. I also now have a walking plan in place to help me recover and gain strength
  • Holidays can be celebrated again. I did not tell Roy yesterday, he got home too late. I am sure there are holidays to be celebrated all week long :)
  • I am tolerating the medicine very well.

I will have a echo cardiogram December 30 and will have a few more appointments in between now and then.

I was so excited I asked the Dr if I could do a little jump and scream. He told me I am not out of the woods yet being at 36% usage. So I did a little 36% jump and shout. He just looked at me kind of strange.

Again, I appreciate the prayers, kind words and thoughts. I have been so encouraged by such wonderful known and unknown friends. I am on the right road and moving in the right direction...Psalms 84 is the shout and cry of my 36% physical heart and 100% spiritual heart.

6 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

Praises! I'll jump and shout for you! well, after Moriah wakes up from her nap - then I'll do it!

Michelle said...

YEAH!!!! We need you back in full playing mode for BUNKO! Seriously, God is Good!!!

Amanda said...

Awesome! PTL!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so glad you are healing and feeling better. It is a scary road and you have shown such grace through it all, knowing where your strength lies. Continued healing and restored full-praise shout and jumps! Love, Annette

Jennifer said...

Yeah, I am so glad that you are getting better and I am sure Roy is glad that holidays can be celebrated again! I also have EK listen to KHCB at night. Did you know that the hours of midnight-1 are in Spanish. I keep hoping that she will learn Spanish through osmosis!

Etta said...

Excellent news Nancy - PTL!