Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesdays with Nancy

So when we last left Monablog, the computer was on the fritz again and Roy contemplating what to do about it. He took it back to Micro Center. Sunday night they called to let him know we have a bad motherboard. Shut your mouth. I'm talking about Shaft... Oh sorry, Isac Hayes just came into my mind with the theme from the movie Shaft, made a long time ago in the 70's. So, the lap top is going back to HP and will return in 10 to 15 days.

Today was my 2 week trip to see the cardiologist. Good news/bad news...first the good news. I have lost 31 pounds since September 11. My blood pressure is 120/70 which means I am tolerating the meds well. My ankles are now just that, ankles not chankles. Bad news, which isn't really bad news although he would like my heart beat really to be more stabilized before doing this. He is moving up the timing on the nuclear stress test. That will happen on the 21st. I am having pain, shortness of breath and anxiety when I find myself in certain stressful situations. I told him it is not the big stuff that upsets me, I remain calm, it is the little bitty, tiny, small stuff that really gets to me. Like Roy pouring fabric softener right into the water when he washed some clothes... it shouldn't bother me, but it does.... fortunately, nothing was ruined or stained. See, that is really small... I should be so happy he is willing to help with the laundry and he made that mistake on his clothes not mine... see little, petty. The second thing I learned today was still no strenuous exercise, housework, cooking, and Linda S you might be the only one who picks up on this, no celebrating holidays yet.

Now, I could get very used to my work schedule. I am working about 2 to 2 and a half hours a day. In the afternoon when I am home, I am taking about an hour to two hour nap. Getting a lot of reading in and actually have had time to write some notes.

This is quarter close for Roy and he is putting in a lot of hours. I hope tonight is the last of these long days. He didn't get home until 1:00 am last night. He had his whole staff working trying to get things closed out. He even went into the office on Sunday which is something he really tries not to do.

OK, I am really trying hard to think of something funny, but you know when you are sleeping a lot, you miss out on a lot. Roy did say the other day, I wonder if casserole lady knows how close I came to loosing you. It does make me want to say something to her, but she might totally stress me out and then she wouldn't even have to make a plan or she would hide behind doors and yell surprise at me when I came home.

Well that is all the news and the happenings for now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the fact that we are hearing that you are improving! Who knew that our - 'only holidays' - is becoming a true statement! But I have a question - is Columbus Day a 'holiday' if we don't really have the day off?
I think not - but someone else will probably have another opinion!

LMS

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are progressing well. Congratulations on 31 pounds and good blood pressure--beats mine all to pieces. Isn't it funny how the little stuff gets to us, but I believe God gives us more grace for the big stuff. We're supposed to exercise the faith muscle on the small, I guess. I sure am glad you are evening out and your workday sounds kind of nice. Love and prayers, Annette

Dana said...

OMG you crack me up!!!

Yay for good news and boo for the bad. We are praying for you and miss you and love you and all that jazz...

:)Then we can dig it.

Becky Kiser said...

i know what holidays mean! in the kiser house every day is a holiday!! ;) the joys of being a newly wed.

linda- yes columbus day is a holiday. you could come up with some fun constumes even!

Ali said...

men, eh! hey Nancy, don't sweat the small stuff ;-)

keep well

Anonymous said...

Nancy,
I sure do miss seeing you. I have been reading the Psalms in The Message the past few days. You know me, I love the fact the The Message translation basically "tells it like it is - in plain English"! Anyway, I thought about you when I read this:

"I love God because he listened to me, listened as I begged for mercy. He listened so intently as I laid out my case before him. Death stared me in the face, hell was hard on my heels. Up against it, I didn't know which way to turn; then I called out to God for help: "Please God!" I cried out. "Save my life!" God is gracious - it is he who makes things right, our most compassionate God. God takes the side of the helpless; when I was at the end of my rope, he saved me. I said to myself, "Relax and rest. God has showered you with blessings. Soul, you've been rescued from death; Eye, you have been rescued from tears; and you, Foot, were kept from stumbling." I'm striding in the presence of God, alive in the land of the living!" - Psalms 116:1-9

Sure do love you, girl!

Anonymous said...

you already did say something funny....i can't get that revised version of Shaft out of my head....Annie's eyes is a pretty smart friend...i like that faith- muscle-small-stuff idea...anyway why don't you just casually bring up the softener situation (maybe wearing a badly spotted "frock") to the casserole lady.......enough...and i'm guessing that a girl who likes M K jeans probably doesn't have any frocks in the cupboard anyway!@#@!! Keep on the rrr recovery plan and the same for the motherboard...DRAT!!!!

Profbaugh said...

Yea Nancy!! The news sounds good to me. I can't believe you've shed 31 pounds. Wow!!

I wish you were here or I was there I could teach you some "meditation" techniques to calm down (even with the little things). I've actually been able to stop a panic attack using breathing/meditation. Pretty cool stuff.

Anyway, I'm praying for you Sis. Don't push too hard. Just ride the wave, so to speak.

Much love,
~Cheryl