Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday, Saturday

October is why we live in Houston the rest of the year. Yesterday, was a perfect day weather wise. Early morning temps were cool, the afternoon mild and breezy, and the evening turned back to cool. It has been great convertible weather. Last year I brought out the crock pot to coax the weather to become fallish, this year I haven't had to resort of any such thing.

Roy returns home today from Branson. He was at a conference and just the mere fact of getting away has been beneficial to his health and outlook. Really, think about all he has to manage at the office and then come home to do things around here that I am not able to do. He had no place of refuge. When he called from Tulsa on Wednesday, I could already here the change in his voice. He decided early on not to read any emails from the office. I think that was a good choice.

Yesterday, I went to Sugarland to get my hair cut and on the way home again tried to locate the Life Time Fitness in the Town and Country area. I was successful. Made an appointment with Stacey and took a tour of the facilities. Wow, very nice. I came home and knew I really didn't want to stay inside, although there are many things that need taken care of inside. The phone rang. It was Dena, she had been at a business meeting and lunch off site and had returned home. She was thinking the very same thing about being inside and offered the suggestion of Starbucks and enjoying the great out of doors. She came by and we were off for an afternoon of enjoying the weather and delightful conversation. Oh yes, the people watching was good too. On the way back taking me home, we stopped at Cafe Express to get to go. Right now I am in love with the chicken soup and bought some for lunch today. The play grocery store was my chef last night.

I go Tuesday for an appointment with the DR for the results from my tests.

I am trying to have an easy going Saturday morning, but Buddy has different thoughts. She has discovered the bookcases in the den/closet. She is full of energy this morning. She seems a little disheartened that I don't want to join in the fun. So to keep me somewhat interested, I hear something drop to the floor from time to time. Of course, I go investigate. I think she has finally settled into her morning nap time.

New Mary Mary CD is good. I listened to it yesterday while running errands.

Again, the great outdoors is calling my name. I am contemplating taking my book and iPod out by the pool or sit in the courtyard. Probably the courtyard. Seems the older ladies here take great offense if you sit by the pool and don't want to visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for Tuesday!

LMS

Kristen said...

Wasn't the weekend gorgeous?! And now today we're blessed with an even better day - our first true "cool" weather day! I have to wear socks walking around my house - whoo hoo!

I pray you feel wonderful and energized today.