Friday, October 10, 2008

Just Some Friday Stuff

This has been one of those weeks. Kind of good, kind of bad, with some stress thrown in for good measure. I have enjoyed coming into work this week, no really! I like the feel of purpose. I also like the fact that Jason has not been too demanding and is actually afraid he might give me another heart attack. So, it has been a good ease back into the routine. I have totally loved getting to be social and see all my friends here at the office. My stamina still isn't where it needs to be but it will take time and patience. I'm willing to do that.

Tuesday night, I was in bed early and Roy got home around 9:00 pm. Once I knew he was home, I fell right to sleep. I woke up around midnight and Buddy had not joined us yet. That is not unusual, so I went back to sleep till 5:00 am. No Buddy. I called for her and even woke up Roy to whistle cause she comes when he whistles. Nothing...I checked her food area and she had not eaten the treats I had left her. That is not her usual behavior. I was getting nervous. I opened the front door and there was a note on it from our across the hall neighbors. They saw Buddy sitting at the front door crying when they came home late on Tuesday night. They had her and the note said come over anytime for her. Of course you know me, I wanted Roy to go over there right then and there. We compromised on 5:30 am. I mean Sophie and I leave for work about the same time, so they would be waking up soon. Roy went over and Martin let him in. They had put up their two cats and their food. That was really thoughtful cause cats digestive systems are strange when it comes to food changes. In fact Martin really like Buddy cause she slept next to him most of the night. That news didn't bode well with Roy, because she never sleeps up close with him only me. They started looking for Buddy and couldn't find her. Roy whistled and she began crying, she was in a corner hiding in their kitchen. Of course I rejoiced when I heard our front door open and I called for Buddy. She came running, let me pet her and then ignored me. You know they have to do that. Later in the morning she could not get enough of me.

Now back in the day I would have been so angry with Roy. The past few weeks he has let the front door stand open and I told him one day you are not going to notice Buddy getting out in the hall. He felt so bad and kept saying please don't stress, please don't stress, you know where she is...please don't stress. I remained calm, but y'all it was such a God thing. Needless to say we do a Buddy check every time the front door is open. I am glad we have closed in hallways...

Thursday I was walking to the car in our parking lot. I was a little distance from it when it felt like someone had shoved me from behind. Such an impact that I stumbled and bumbled and did a full on laid out belly flop. My purse, keys and book went flying while I was trying to brace myself for the fall. I felt like I was going for a dig in volleyball and now know why 54 year old women do not play volleyball, it hurt. My right hand is scraped up from skidding, my knees are bruised, hip bruised and my shoulders are so sore. Once I realized that nothing was broken, I became more concerned if someone saw me fall. Good, no one. Then the utmost prideful concern, was anyone going to see me get up. It is not a pretty sight. Came on into work and got some band aids and Neosporin with pain relief on my cuts and scrapes. Then I noticed my thumbnail was broken below the quick...so I womaned it up and ripped it off. Ouch!!!!! I woke up this morning and I felt like I had worked out way too much and I am sporting several new colorful bruises.

OK, is anyone else freaked out about the guppies that have been banned in pedicures? The little fishies eat the dead skin off your feet. What if you went to a saloon where they don't speak very much English and they don't like you...they could put piranhas in the water and it would be more than some dead skin removal. What if you are the last client of the day and the fish are full? Strange...

Also, what is the deal about 3 ply Northern toilet tissue? Who knew that two wasn't enough?

I am not going to go to our Women's Retreat tonight. I originally was going to be in a group that competed for our American Idle contest. I know me and I would throw caution to the wind and do stuff on stage I should not do. I plan to go for some of it tomorrow.

So, I am going to go to Bunko Monday night. I am sure I will be able to stay calm and stress free. I would think any Bunkos rolled would be mine, you don't want to get my heart level up. Ha ha....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get filled up today and have a great Monday Night Bunko Bash....Am very Glad to hear you will be getting out with the Bunko Babes....I'm thinking it is another one of those "r's" that begins with a B....seriously it is good to see you feeling strong enough to put a few more demands on your body and soul....and look you really did get up even if not so gracefully....i think even spiritually speaking the "getting-up" is probably the worst, ungraceful,(even though we are filled with it) humbling (humiliating) part!!!! so glad Buddy was just vacationing...her first sleepover!!!! Enjoy Today and all your friends!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I didn't make the spiritual connection about getting back up--I like it though, Anonymous. I am glad Buddy is okay, too. Whew. My daughter was so mad at me for leaving the door open the other day, then she did it and "lost" her kitty for three hours. Turned out she was downstairs at the same door, one floor down. All ended well both! Enjoy Bunko tonight. Love ya, Annette

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh! That fall sounds awful! I had a really similar experience last December. I was 8 months pregnant and slipped on some black ice as I was walking home from the bus stop.

Here's where my story is different: I couldn't get up. Not because of my big belly (although that didn't help), but because I was on a patch of ice and couldn't get any traction under my feet, my hands, my butt. I kept wondering if anyone had seen the huge pregnant girl fall and would come help me up, but no one did. I guess I would have been more embarrassed if someone had seen, but I just wanted a little helping hand, you know? Eventually, after wallowing around trying to get up and looking even MORE like an idiot, I rolled over onto all fours and CRAWLED to a non-icy spot. Then I got up and bawled all the way home.

I wasn't hurt, but I sure was humiliated/hormonal.

Anonymous said...

to annie...just meant that for example-if i sin it is humiliating and really hard for me to get up (i feel ungraceful) and make the apology-or whatever i need to do to get back up....Thank God, He provides the Grace we need...does that make sense?