Saturday, October 18, 2008

We Have Our Computer Back

Roy has gone beyond the call of duty and he has worked diligently to get everything working. He spent most of Friday evening at Micro Center. Tonight he spent most of the evening on the phone with Sprint. He is the most tenacious man I have ever met. I love him!!!!

This morning Dena and I had tickets to the Trend Show at The Nord. She won a door prize to boot. The show was great and just as we were beginning to shop in Cosmetics, all the power went off. Flash back to Ike and there was a lot of post traumatic stress going on in those few dark moments. The Nord must have an automatic generator because soon the lights returned but we had a bit of a wait as the computers powered back up. We made our purchases and were ready to head to Buffalo Grille for breakfast. As we drove along in Mustang Sally and it was the perfect day for the top to be down, we noticed lights being out in such a large and random area. So, by the time we got to BG, they let us know they had no power. We decided to punt breakfast and ramp up for lunch. We took the scenic drive through Memorial Park to Molina's. Ah, it was a great lunch. I dropped Dena off at her home and went on over to Highland Village. Found a few fun things there and I headed home. Roy found me napping when he got home and we made a quick trip to the cleaners and to Goode Company. Came home, I napped some more, then I returned to Nord with my tickets from this morning in hand. This morning with all the fuss, the lady checking us out didn't know how to use the tickets for the discount. They are only good today, so I went and purchased another item from Smashbox.

Oh yes, to my younger friends...if you ever see me in an outfit that screams for truth in love to be spoken to me, please do so. I kind of think I know that was a bad choice of clothing and style for our older friend, but I need the truth to be spoken if I go all double knit and SAS shoes. Speak to me...!!! I will think you don't love me if you let me walk around like that.

Since I have become such a frequent and now experienced ATM user, I don't think my tapes even get a look see anymore. I don't do the freak out surprised look of where does the money come out and what about the receipt?

Monday night was Bunko and it was so much fun! Although it is the most subdued night of playing Bunko for me. I have more stress and activity at work than how quiet and calm I was on Monday night.

Tuesday morning I had another scare as I headed off to our Ministries Off site meeting. Buddy was no where to be found. I called Roy frantically asking him a million questions about his observations in the hall as he left for work earlier. I walked around the third floor just in case. No sign of Buddy, but I kind of felt like she was at home. She has a new hiding place. Roy even called the office to let them know if anyone found a little gray cat, he would come get her. Of course she was here when I came home Tuesday afternoon. Now, he puts her in our bedroom and closes the door before he leaves. Then I let her out when I get up. Seems to be working so far.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so your older friends are not allowed to "fashionfauxpas" you in truth and love?....seriously they'd never get the chance unless smashbox starts doing the SAS eye!

Michelle said...

You are the farthest away from SAS shoes! HE HE! In fact, I am pretty sure you are more trendy than I. :)

Dana said...

Yay for fixed computers, new posts, The Nord, lunch with friends and finding Buddy!

:)

jené said...

The other day we had an older women in a hot pink midriff baring shirt partnered with zebra stretch pants and clunky wedge shoes. She topped it off with big hair and overdone make-up. I spent about twenty minutes with her helping her pick out some boxes for shipping. I said a prayer for her when she left. Obviously she lives alone and needs a friend who can say "I love you too much to let you go out like that."

Anonymous said...

(oof-topic and non-postable...but ..did Roy ever look into NOD32 antivirus and getting rid of the other clunkers?)