Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall Back. Thankyou I Think I Will

I love fall back weekend! Went to bed early, slept a little later than usual. It is great to feel rested for the days ahead that turn dark at 5:00 pm. It is wonderful! It is my favorite time of year. I am also glad because that gave Peggy and me an extra hour to prepare for Mildred and Gertrude today at Pine Forest. I'll get to that in a minute.


Friday I went for a massage at Lifetime Fitness. That is where Stacey works now. Oh, it was so wonderful. It has been since the first of August since I have had one. Lifetime has very comfortable facilities. Afterwards, I went to see Lindsey and decided to join the club while there were still good offers on the table. Roy wasn't interested but they gave him a free pass for the month of November. I have to delay several of the amenities they offer since I can't do that type of testing of endurance right now, but I can do it once I get the go ahead from the Dr. Since I felt so relaxed and rested, I decided to make a quick stop at Macy's. Not a good idea.


This is such new territory for me of knowing how far I can go or push the limits. I found 3 tops and a pair of pants on sale. Can I make a mention that the pants were a size smaller...Praise Him!!! Paid for them and went to stand in line for Macy's money. That is where I thought I might hit the floor. I probably looked like I was a shoplifter or something. I was sweating like a bad girl's dream... Just my head. That I have found out is not a good sign. I couldn't decide whether to sit down for a bit or tough it out to the car. I chose car. Probably wasn't the choice to make, but I finally made it, winded, sweaty and breathing hard. I drove home with the A/C blasting and napped until Roy got home.


Roy and I have rediscovered Cafe Express. We went there for dinner Friday night and he picked up some chicken soup for me to have on Saturday lunch. It was great. I love the olives and could chow down on those and eat very little dinner.


Yesterday, I took it easy. I did some cleaning in the den/closet. I had a purpose in it, I had lost my Mildred wig and knew it had to be in that room. It was. I also went through my shoes in my closet and got a bunch ready to go to the Mission Training Center. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon going over M&G lines for today. Even read lines with Peggy over the phone. It is funny, we love to do M&G and I love writing scripts, but we hate to practice the lines.


Today we did M&G for Bear Creek United Methodist Church. They were such a totally fun and wonderful group. We love it when people become a part of the script and we have a lot of interaction. I had them put a chair on the stage just in case and I am happy to report I only had to sit down for a few seconds to catch my breath. We had a blast! And as much as we have a blast we are always glad when it is over. We had several come get info from us to book us for some future things. That is always encouraging.


I think I will now go enjoy some reading time. Hope everyone had a fun weekend!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Scary!

Hey, I love Cafe Express olives too..and the roasted garlic...YUM...I don't think people like being around me afterward though.