Monday, November 3, 2008

More Conversations with Peggy

I don't know how many of these I have done on the blog, but I love conversations with Peggy. Since her official retirement, I think she has only had one day in which she has had nothing to do. Peggy encourages me to quit so that we can hang out together, but I am not convinced that she has the time or opportunity to do that. She and Bill have traveled, had several parties at the Bain Compound, had a summer full of guests at the Bain Bed and Breakfast, grand babies being born, kiddos moving into new homes and then all the other stuff that fills Peggy's life.



Something I have noticed in doing events and also being in charge of events at church. If there is a speaker, musician, or act coming, we love to have them in house arriving early in order to cross off program speaker here on our lists. When we do Mildred and Gertrude we are asked to come early to do sound checks, get the lay of the land and to talk with the person we will be interrupting. So after all that we usually have an hour to an hour and a half to kill. This is the time we ad lib our lines and some of it sticks enough to make it into the program. I had forgotten a line we used to say years ago; "Ed is like Jesus; he never changes. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow." You would think we would take that time to go over lines, and we do...but maybe just once. We talk about anything and everything otherwise. So yesterday I had Conversations with Peggy.





We solved a lot of the worlds problems yesterday, but we can't get anyone to listen to us. We told funny stories to each other about embarrassing situations we've found ourselves in at the mall. She reminded me that I promised her last year I wouldn't die. I told her that very thought was in my brain and then to God's ear when I was being rushed to the cardiologist on September 11th. I haven't written her lines for the eulogy (I write the scripts, Peggy comes up with the materials we use). We love the conversations we find ourselves in after a performance with people who want to talk to us. We laughed about several memorable conversations we have had over the years. Yesterday we had several ask for more info, so that is always a good thing. I think this is our only M&G for the holidays. Our Sunday School class is studying the Book of Acts and we discussed some of what we have learned. I think that is a first for us before a performance. Don't worry teacher, it was all good discussion. Of course we discussed Bill and Roy, both their good and aggravating qualities. It was almost a shame that we couldn't keep on catching up because once we are finished our part of the program we are ready to change clothes and head on home.


I am sure that I'm forgetting something really funny, but I can't forget and wouldn't want to, how much I love Peggy and our friendship. We have walked many roads together and have a few more roads to conquer. She makes the mundane adverturesome and the sentimental something to treasure and cherish. There isn't too much that is boring when Peggy is around and I love the fact she can fall asleep just about anywhere. She can sleep 10 minutes and be refreshed as if were a full night's sleep. look forward to many more conversations with Peggy.

1 comment:

Profbaugh said...

Although I just met Peggy briefly, I bet the three of us would be pretty stinkin' hilarious!! Now all I need to do is move to Texas!

Love ya,
~Cheryl