Monday, November 17, 2008

This and That with Nancy

Here are just a few random things from last week.
  • Tuesday- I went to the Play Grocery store for a few sale items. I parked close to the front door. On the inside of me I heard the Lord say, put the bags in the trunk. It was only 2 bags and my plan was to put them in the car with me. Again I heard, put the bags in the trunk. So, I did and as I was doing so, a man and a woman came up to me with an unbelievable story asking for money. There were so many holes in the story I told them I can't give you any. The woman looked like she was on crystal meth and the man, he wasn't as rough looking. The woman stayed by the passenger door and he kept coming closer. I finally looked back to the store as to go in and they left me alone. I got in my car and decided to call the store from the road. As I was leaving they had a woman pinned in as she was putting things in her car...I saw why I heard that still small voice. I was talking to the manager and they were coming out to rescue the woman.
  • Got a great deal on Friday using my Macy's money. I love buying at deeply discounted prices.
  • I feel responsible for the October recession in the retail industry. I was not able to be out and about doing my regular shopping for the economy...and even The Nord reported a loss. Roy told me I didn't need to help out the economy this month either.
  • After church, Roy and I had lunch at The Nord. OK, the parking garage was beyond crowded. And they have already shut off certain routes which makes parking even more difficult. I thought there was a recession. The Bistro was crowded and it usually isn't that way on Sundays. It was a break even kind of day. I took back some pants that are now too big and a couple of blouses I never wore this summer. I also took back some makeup stuff that I already had something similar. Found 2 pairs of shoes...not counting lunch, just a few dollars apart.
  • Saturday Roy and Scott went to the Rice basketball game. Dena and I had a late lunch at Escalente's. Their salsa is some of the best, right up there with Lupe's and Pappasito's. We went to the Whole Foods over there and I can't believe how little that store is. I usually make a once a month run to Whole Foods in Sugarland and that store is gigantic.
  • Speaking of Dena, if you want to hear some great teaching, come hear her teach in Dayspring. She brings it!!! We have been in the book of Acts for a while. In fact, I think the ink had just dried on the parchment scroll from Luke's writing when we started. She is finishing Acts next Sunday. It has been an awesome study. For once I understand the missionary journeys of Paul. Really, those maps in the back of the Bible just confuse me. They use too close of colors of ink to differentiate between the journeys. And I kind of like Paul now. He really didn't endear himself to me reading his letters...but he is a grateful man full of thanksgiving for God, His Word and his friends. Really, Paul had a lot of friends that he really cared about and I love nothing better than a story about friends. My friendships mean so much to me and now I have something in common with Paul. Yesterday as we studied the shipwreck at the end of Acts, I was taking frantic notes. There is so much there that I have not ever seen. Bar none, Dena is a wonderful teacher of the Word.
  • I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your randomness, thanking God for your protection at the grocery, and standing in agreement--Dena indeed brings a great message. I guess, theoretically, we are supposed to pick one thing to comment on, but brevity is not one of my gifts. Love ya, Annette