Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bunko and Bunko is the Name-O

Last night was Bunko and it was so much fun as usual. Most of us were friends before Bunko and we've made some new friends along the way. We almost have a difficult time starting Bunko because we all have such a great time talking. But once we are into the game...uh yea, Katy bar the door. Last night at table one, Michelle and I rolled onesies in a row. When you do that, you loose all your points. We made a valiant try to make a come back, but we were laughing too hard. Christine and Linda were the queens of table one last night. When I played tennis, I believed in lucky underwear...and it worked. So, I thought why not try this for bunko. Apparently I did not wear a lucky pair last night. Dang it! CourteyS had bad self talk and Amanda won the booby prize. I won the twosies prize and it was really nice. Afterwards we had some awesome yet healthy dessert. We hung around and visited and we finally tore ourselves away to return to our homes. We are women of differing ages and stages in life and we have so much fun. We'll pick back up in January.



Mustang Sally has sprung a leak. I called Roy on the way home last night to come meet me with some towels. While he did the clean up, I inspected the roof...the roof which was not on fire and found the spot. Roy said he'll take it to the dealership soon to get it repaired. I love that he does car stuff and doesn't make me take care of it. He also takes care of computer stuff and we are waiting to see if Micro Center determines we need a new lap top and replaces our old one or just repairs the CD loader.



Besides water in my car last night, I had another surprise and this one was good. Peggy has finally joined Facebook. There was much rejoicing in the land last night. Many of us have been encouraging her to do this and now she has. I mean really, she has retired and has plenty of time to be addicted.



Another happy happening, my insurance approved a second round of injections for my knees. I begin the process next Tuesday. Note to self...shave legs or at least just my knee caps. With my knees strengthened and my heart pumping along, my walking program should advance really well. Knees, heart...now if I only had a brain....



I so appreciate those of you willing to confess that you sometimes say stuff out loud and didn't mean to. I have heard some funny stories. In fact one I heard this morning involving the same song over sung, Thank You for Giving. Maybe I will start a FB group for people who are just worn out and tired from hearing this song. Surely someone has written something or should write something to take the place of this worn ballad. Don't get me wrong, good song for back in the day...it is time to let it go and move on. Also it is an ear worm song and now I have it in my head. I will start singing It's a Small World After All to replace it.

3 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

i knew after i rolled 13 sixes in a row that i was done. i rolled myself out in one fell swoop. i thought it would be fair if i warned everyone.

Amanda said...

Did I jinx Mustang Sally when I asked if the top ever leaked? Dern!

Jennifer said...

I love hearing your Bunko stories! I wish I could find a fun group to play with. Y'all seem to have such fun at them!