Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Keep Inching Into the 21st Century

Slowly but surely I keep coming into the 21st century. Have and understand an iPod. Use email...hate excel...text, IM, understand and use different apps on my Blackberry, blog, Facebook, mastered the ever confusing different ATM's, have a Twitter account I never use and now I have entered the world of online banking. It's official. The person helping me today recognized me from the drive through. I really, really wanted to ask her if it was more from watching tapes of me at the ATM. I've written before about all the faces I make while doing a transaction at the ol' ATM. I wanted to say, y'all see me coming and call everyone to the window, don't I just know it. But no, I didn't ask. She smiled a lot at me and maybe behind that smile was concealed laughter. I would laugh too because I can see myself in the acrylic on the machine. Actually, I was at the bank for other stuff and just decided to take that walk on the wild side. It could also be due to the fact that we have the world's worst postman or postwoman on our mail route. Sometimes we get our mail, sometimes our neighbors do. Our neighbors travel quite a bit, so good luck on getting anything timely. One day when I was by our mailbox, a guy who lives here was reaming out the "regular" guy. He kept asking, how hard is it to match up numbers on letters to the box? Don't you care about the job you are doing? Postman didn't even remove his blue tooth or iPod headset to respond. That guy is never going to see his mail ever again. Maybe I should loan him a couple of pertinent Seinfeld's to help him see what path he has now taken.


I am kind of sad for the widow woman down the hall. Don't think she is doing very well. A couple of weeks ago she was sitting on her balcony, but hidden by the dense vegetation that covers her balcony. Out of nowhere I hear, "hello...Nancy." She was using her spooky, weird voice. I asked her how she was and she responded, I have problems. Well being the caring Christian I am, I responded back, don't we all and kept on moving. I was so not the good Samaritan. The widow makes me nervous. She's on medication and I don't think she has been taking it. When her lipstick looks how Peggy's did at choir last Wednesday night, all over outside her lips and red, that always gives me a hint. I let the office know I didn't think things were OK for her. We came home later in the evening and there were 3 police units here and maybe they came and got her. We haven't seen her since that evening. The widower across the hall is happy to have some peace and quiet. Guess she was knocking on his door a lot.


In other condomanium news, Deloris and Fern are ensconced at the pool. They are already deeply tanned. They also must be reading some pretty "HOT and SPICY" books because their feet have been going 90 to nothing while they sit there and read. Then they jump into the pool to cool off. Both from the heat of the day and the heat of the words...well, the later would be guessing on my part.


I've lost another pound, so that's good news. My Fit Foods has some new items on the menu that I'm anxious to try.


Since studying the divided kingdom in CBS, I have found myself reading much more in the OT. I kind of forget to read in the NT. Don't suggest daily Bible plans because I'm too ADD to stick with one. Really, even the devotion books I use, I hardly ever do the day on the calendar because I don't want to limit God by dates. :) It works for me. So I have picked up my NT with Proverbs and Psalms and plan to use it more. Of course I will so gravitate to the Psalms.

No comments: