Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday Thoughts


Last night we came to choir in red, black and white, kind of like the CBU choir only a lot of us are much older than those college aged. Since my hair won't curl, I put the little pink rollers in signifying pre -performance mode. Of course you have to love Peggy in the full curls, red lipstick and red dress. Our choir had a blast with this and I think John was pleasantly surprised. It is so welcomed to have fun again in choir.




Roy is playing bridge tonight, barely. We both forgot he was subbing tonight until Sandy called and asked if Roy was coming over to play. Good thing we all live minutes apart. Roy brushed his teeth and was out the door. Thus, the only reason I'm able to get onto the computer tonight. He has found Hulu.com and is happily re-watching TV from the 80's. Since BSF is done, I know he isn't in here working on homework.



The scales revealed another 2 pounds lost. So my total of pounds gone is 116. Wow, hard to get my brain around some days. I've been thinking about the day when I meet my goal and maintenance isn't nearly as fun as weight loss, but believe me, this child is going to make it fun. This month I haven't been as diligent as when working out with Debbie to get all my core work in. I do a lot of balance work though because my balance was out of whack.


Fun lunch today with Laurie, Becky and Peggy. We met at The Nord and had a blast covering all kinds of subject matter. We represented the 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's. No generation gap in the booth. Before meeting up with friends I returned a black jacket that I liked but didn't love. When I found one at Macy's that is linen and much cheaper, the liked jacket was expendable. Of course there were mark downs there in Point of View and I bought a few things with the future, mainly summer, in mind. J Jill after lunch was good stop as well. The traffic was backed up when I left. Something was going on because Post Oak between Neimans and Dillards was blocked and there were several fire trucks parked in the street with lights on. Made a quick reverse and got out of the Galleria area.



Tonight I'm listening to the song, The Power of the Cross. Ever since the CBU choir sang this on Saturday night and Sunday morning I can't let the message of this song go. Went out on itunes and bought an instrumental version and a voiced version.

2 comments:

marty h said...

Johnny has become a fan of Hulu also! Regular TV is getting so crummy that our guys are resorting to old reruns.

Erin said...

i'm so so so proud and happy for you, nancy!