Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Like the Woman at the Well...

I cannot tell you how good I feel right about now. Had a massage and pedicure at Lifetime today. Both were much needed. This is my second time going to Diane for a massage because I'm waiting for Stacey to get situated in her new place of employment. Stacey does the best massage all over whereas Diane does a more medical type of massage, since that is her specialty. I likes them both. Both times that I have gone to Diane, a scripture keeps coming to mind while she works on my shoulders. First the story before the scripture reference.

When I played softball way back in the day, my position was catcher. I cannot tell you how many runners came into home, sliding to knock down a big, six foot tall catcher. I would lean in with my left side to better swipe a tag on said runner barreling in from third. There are several plays at home in memory that stand out for many reasons, uh mainly cause I tagged them out on some big drama filled play, but one play that has not one dramatic drop to it probably caused this shoulder, sub scapula problem. Some league game and there was a big, BIG, WIDE, girl on third. Batter hit a fly ball right to the center fielder, BIG GIRL, tags at third and begins the rumble home. Perfect throw from the fielder and I'm getting ready to turn and tag, when I swear, I was hit by a Mack truck. BIG GIRL never slid, she ran full speed and she was faster than you'd think she would be and came in under my chin and on the left side. I still got her out and she was ejected from the game by the ump. I remember laying or lying there dazed and confused with everyone standing over me. Finally someone decided to give me some air...uh thank you. Sweaty stinky softball players override fresh air in a small space. I'd put it in a math formula but if you are a long time reader, you know I HATE math, formulas, equations...boring stuff like that. So that is the long somewhat boring story of my left shoulder problem's beginning. All these years, many professionals and lots of non professional friends had an opinion on what all this clicking and popping noise was. Diane is the first to tell me what it is and how to fix it. NOW, scripture.... I think as I tell people about my times with Diane I am like the woman at the well...come meet a man who knows everything about me. Well, I feel like shouting from the rooftops, come meet a medical message therapist that told everything about me and my sub scapula. We are on the way to a healing! She really got into my shoulder today and it was fantastically, stinking', awesome. I was looking for a candy ciggy afterwards....but I left them at home. Well, I always leave them at home unless I'm with Peggy and we might need a fake ciggy for the perfect situation.


Wendy's pedicure was uneventful except we have a little bit of a problem communicating. I move when she doesn't want me to move and don't move when she wants me to move. I'm usually answering a text message or email while she works on these feet that need a lot of attention. I should tell her she can interrupt me because that would probably take care of the communication problem.


One more thing, I got hit on at the sporting goods store today. I didn't really realize it at first because this isn't anything I ever have to deal with on a regular type basis. But with my massage messed up hair and my good looking toes, star crossed guy might, maybe, could, did, happen. I think he was giving me his best material and I'm busy with hangers. Oh, I said, are you talking to me? Well yes he was. In the following bit of conversation he told me he had noticed over the past several months I'd been losing a lot of weight and I looked real good in my Nike capris and Life is Good t-shirt. (the store carries both of these lines and he is employed by the sporting goods store)...something about coffee or HEB or email or texting or something...cause then it dawned on me, oh my... he might ask for my email or cell number... I think the last time I was hit on was at Mills Bible Bookstore and I was in a tennis outfit. Guy asked me out and I had to tell him my husband didn't let me date. Today, I just kept moving and checked out really quick like.


Well that's it. Going to the Nord later. Took some pants back to the Nord Rack for Roy and cha-ching, I found a skirt I liked. I made sure it was a skirt and not a strapless sundress.

1 comment:

Erin said...

you are hilarious, nancy!