Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Time Report

This morning will be a quick post.  Roy is working on his website but my pictures are also on this computer.  So, I thought better upload some photos while he is at the grocery store and then I can use the laptop later if anything brilliant or silly comes to mind and I have this immediate need to write about it.


Roy's vacation began Wednesday.  I thought it might be getting off to a dubious start when he asked me out of the blue Wednesday morning, what we spent on toilet paper cost by roll.  What?  I very rarely if ever price out things individually.  Did he think I turn into someone else while he is at home on vacation?  I posted this bit of info on Facebook and most people thought we were out of said product.  Their advice, just go buy some.  Nope, we have plenty but it was just a random question because Roy saw that it can be ordered from Amazon.  No thanks, I like to buy it the old fashioned way.  It just doesn't seem right for a delivered box of TP sitting in the courtyard outside our front door. 


Wednesday evening we had some friends over to pizza and s'mores.  We had a blast!  I have pictures but since I am writing on borrowed time, I will not upload them to the blog just yet. 

Thursday, Roy worked on a project that I have had for him since we moved.  We bought a small child's roll top desk several years ago, no not in hopes of finding a child, but to use as a nightstand.  But for my brilliant idea to work, we, I mean he needed to drill a whole in the back to run cords through.  We started on the project and realized his drill bit wasn't big enough.  So, we decided a much needed trip to Tractor Supply was in order.  First thing though, we stopped and had lunch, then onto the Tractor store.   Thursday evening Dena headed out west.  Ate dinner before it got really crowded at Lupe's and then went to look at Christmas lights.  I took her where Roy and I had gone the Friday night before.  We drove through the cul de sac and then parked Sequisha to walk through and get an up close and personal look.  Here are some pictures.  The lights move with the music that you tune in on your car radio or one house has the music playing. 








You can't tell by the picture but this Santa is two stories tall.  We were calling him Scary Santa like we do for the angel in River Oaks...Scary Angel.




In all the hoopla and lights, at the end of the cul de sac, there is a little bitty manger scene where the reindeer came an worshipped.  I would have made fun of that, but we have an elephant that comes to see Jesus in Celebration...so all kinds of animals, Snoopy and even Santa can surround manger scenes in yards.

This For Sale sign across the street from the houses with all the lights probably has a good story to be told.  It was not decorated at all for Christmas or for celebrating the holiday season. 

While I was writing this, Peggy called and asked if I wanted to meet she and Jaime for lunch.  Had to hurry just a bit because I was still on jammie time.  We met at Otto's and had a great lunch and a great time.  This also gave me the opportunity to  pick up a couple of stocking stuffers for Roy.  I only had one thing and had told him I just wasn't in the mood this year to go all out.  Well, I had a little reprieve and got a few things done.  So, he won't have an empty stocking on Christmas morning.  

No comments: