Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wednesday Morning

It is a quiet morning.  Well, it is a quiet morning inside our home.  Outdoors the sounds of construction and big trucks fill the air.  Roy took his car for the dreaded required maintenance on his car.  My pace has considerably slowed since it is just Buddy and me.  Buddy has retreated to the bedroom for her early mid morning nap. 

We almost have everything packed away in the Christmas decoration genre.  When Roy gets home he'll have the fun job of putting everything back into the attic.  The packing and organizing of all things Christmas kind of fell into shifts.  We took a long afternoon break for lunch, errands and the grocery store, but returned to the task at hand once we returned home.  I didn't realize how many ornaments my mom had given us through the years.  The trusty and sturdy Crown Royal box that has held the ornaments for about 24 years retired yesterday to the recycle box. 

My dad keeps finding more of my mother's clothes.  Just when he thinks he has given them all away, he finds more in the deep recesses of a closet.  He is overwhelmed with the amount of clothes my mom had.  Actually, she was in the habit of wearing familiar things and would maybe wear a new outfit once and then put it away for "good."  Not for good, like never see the light of day again although that seems to be what happened, no she put things away and would pull them out when the time of "good" came.  I told my dad, she put them away for good and good never came.  My grandmother did the same thing and honestly, I have that same trait sometimes.   Good has come in that several ministries that help single mothers or women down on their luck in general have been on the receiving end of my mom's dressy, good clothes.  They told my dad that her clothes will go a long way in helping the women dress for success when they interview for jobs.  Love that my mom is still helping others even though she is with the Lord. 

The call of laundry beckons.  Also a light clean up around here since we have friends coming over tonight.  Right now, even the outdoors is silent.  Must be break time for all the construction workers because I heard the horn that plays La Cucka Rocha sound which means the roach coach has arrived.  Thanks Peggy for the roach coach term...

No comments: