Friday, December 2, 2011

Dinner with Friends and a Little Nature Thrown In


Last night was the Women's Christmas Banquet.  A really fun evening with John Bolin and Joy Harris singing and Debbie Stewart from Prestonwood Baptist speaking.  She was awesome, dare I say amazing?  She was funny and had depth to her talk.  Emily hosted our table and she did a great job.  If you love red and green glittery things and who doesn't, you would have loved her table setting.  This is the after picture in the group and of course the before picture is at the top.  We had a blast.  There was this great moment in the evening when Joy sang snippets of Merry Christmas Darling and Bleak Mid Winter.  I so wished CourtneyS was there.  She and I keep count of MCD and if we are able, when we hear it call each other and sing it.  I get the best of that deal.  We sang that together, and maybe we shouldn't be the term to use, but one year for the staff talent show, we sang MCD with a little fun mixed in.  And of course who doesn't love to belt out one of the most beloved Christmas songs, In the Bleak Mid Winter?  Favorite line, snow on snow...snow on snow...

On the way home I decided to come home the long way and I saw my first coyote along the side of the road.  That was exciting.  When I pulled around the cul d sac and the car lights hit the green space along side our home, there were bunches and bunches of little and big rabbits.  It was nature night here out on the prairie. 

Peggy and I met for lunch today at the BWC.  I went with grill cheese sandwich and tomato soup.  It was a comfort food kind of day.  Being the productive person that I am, I sorted my socks this afternoon.  Really it was due to the fact that the pair of socks I had on today would not stay up. 

Yesterday was pay dirt on Fed Ex and UPS deliveries.  Things that had been on back order for the house and maybe a box or two from the Nord were all delivered yesterday.  Roy made a nice little pile of boxes right inside our door for me.  Love the lamp that I ordered.  It looks great in our guest bedroom. 

I am making a conscientious effort to not rush through the holidays this year.  I wait too late to start playing Christmas music most years and usually late with Christmas cards.  Charles Swindoll had a great message on Christmas this morning on the radio.  Good word along with a Christmas devotional I am using this year. 

No comments: