Monday, December 5, 2011

First Weekend of December Re-Cap

A cool and overcast morning.  Just the kind of morning to stay in and ease into the day.  Nothing on the agenda today except maybe a quick trip to the grocery store.  This morning's breakfast of choice, toast with sweet potato butter and beverage of choice, butter toffee coffee.  Delicious!

Maybe I have a Nord hangover this morning.  Last night was the Nord's private shopping event.  Nordstrom must believe that the recession is over because they did it up big this year.  The past couple of years the shopping event was toned down, no band and food rather scarce.  This year the joint was jumping with music, lots of desserts, drinks (Perrier for me thank you) and with people shopping to get the 10 points to a dollar using a Nord card.    Dena and I met before the event for dinner.  We actually ate at Luby's.  Upon hearing where we went Roy made a comment too the effect "oh how the mighty have gotten boring."  We made the choice based on crowd and quiet.  Of course the quiet part didn't last long when a family with an uncontrollable kid who it seems did not want to eat broccoli and personally, I don't blame the kid, sat right behind us.  Luby's had friend chicken last night, so the festive occasion called for some good old fashioned comfort food.  Now I need to watch it on my consumption of comfort food or I am going to find myself buying elastic waist comfort pants.  We headed over to the Nord after dinner and had a short wait in line before entering the store. On every floor the shoppers were greeted with many a holiday dessert choice.  My favorite was the peppermint bark and the peppermint ice cream.  We met up with Lisa P a couple of times during the evening.  Unfortunately, Dena and I had to cut the evening short because I had a heart episode in the sock department.  I don't know if was a post tramtic stress disorder from Friday's sorting socks or what.  We had done most of our shopping and since it was a school night for Dena, the early exit wasn't unwelcome.  Lisa P texted me later on that she had stayed till 10 and so far Nord had done $900,0000 worth of business that night and they still had two hours to go before the midnight closing. Actually, shoppers were given two choices this year, choose the day for 10 point shopping or attend the event.  I might just choose the day next year if given the option.

Two out of three college teams we root for won this weekend.  The first half of the Georgia vs LSU game didn't look too good for the tigers.  They got their act together in the second half which made watching the game more enjoyable.  We also cheered on Baylor and their convincing win over Texas.  I think reading Facebook after the game was more enjoyable than actually watching the game. 

I love One Kings Lane!  I've ordered several things from there and haven't been disappointed.  If the shipping on their furniture wasn't so high, I would have ordered a couple of pieces for the house from them.  The coat rack I ordered from them came Thrusday and I put it together Saturday.  Looks good!  Also assembled a lamp we ordered from gardinroad for the guest bedroom.  It too looks good. 

Roy had Celebration practice Friday night and Saturday morning.  One night off tonight and the rest of the week will be pretty full for him.  I will use the time and the cold temps to sit by the fire and have Christmas music playing in the background.  Except for Wednesday evening at 9:00.  The new season of Toddlers and Tirana's begins.  Hopefully the new season of Dance Moms won't be too far behind. 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

This morning we put on the CD from Celebration last year and it was so nice to hear that music again.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Sounds like a fun weekend...I need to get some shopping done and this year it will have to be online