Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday Jumbled Thoughts

I fell in love this morning...  Well, I fell in love with a Williams and Sonoma product, Gingerbread Butter.  Oh my goodness, it made my breakfast of toast a delightful experience.  It is so good.  I wish I had bought more than one jar, but it's probably good that I didn't.  It was perfect timing because I just finished up the Sweet Potato Butter from the play grocery store.  Autumnal treats are one of the things I love about this time of year.  I also love using the word autumnal.

Welcome back cooler temps.  Two days of nearly 80 degree weather doesn't feel very Christmasy.  Christmasy should not be confused with the word Christmassing as used in the veritable and lovely song, Merry Christmas Darling. 

The fear of having a mouse in the house were unfounded.  I believe it was a product of my overactive imagination.  In reality it is difficult to hear any popping noise in our home during the day now.  Two homes are in construction behind us and on the green space cable is being laid.  The sound of machinery begins around 7:30 am.  Some mornings I sleep right through it.  Today wasn't one of those days. 

It has been rather nice not having scheduled days.  I've been getting small things accomplished and have stacked up books to read in the next few weeks. 

One of my favorite movies was on TCM last night, Life With Father. 

We got a card today from a church here in the Katy area that actually is having Christmas Eve...the emphasis on Eve not afternoon.  So we can choose from 8,9:30 or 11:00 pm services.  I no longer can stay up for the 11:00, so we will probably go to one of the other choices. 

If it's not raining tonight, I think we will drive around and look at Christmas lights.  One of our neighbors couldn't quite decide upon a theme, so they just mixed it all up and if that is the look they were going for, mission accomplished. 

There is no organization to this post.  No clear line of thought.  Of course there is nothing new under the sun. 

No comments: