Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy End of Hurricane Season!

One way I can tell the temperatures are cooler is by Buddy's constant presence.  She follows me and when I sit down, she jumps into my lap.  Long ago I thought this meant she loved me.  I know now it is just the fact that she is cold, but I think there might be a little cat love thrown in.  She purrs and does a variation of kneading with one paw.  So if it isn't love, it is being content at least on her part.  I don't sit still long enough for her to nap.  Really, right now I would love to go get another cup of coffee but I will sit here a few more minutes.  It is also good that God made me with long arms.  Since I am sitting at the desk with Buddy on my lap, the chair is back a little farther than is comfortable.  Last month I finally caved and joined Family Christian Bookstore's reward program.  One of the specials was a traveling coffee mug.  I picked Joy to the World cause Joy to the World is not just for Christmas.  Actually it was written with the second coming in mind, not the first.  A little trivia thrown in.  I have only used the mug for traveling from the kitchen into the study and so far it is doing a great job of holding in the heat. 

Happy End of Hurricane Season!  Although this year, with the drought, I think most of us would have welcomed a tropical storm but not a full blown hurricane.  I had to break into our hurricane supplies for  batteries to use in a wreath and for the candles in the front windows.  Guess I was feeling rather confident this last week of the season.  It is probably safe to eat all the snacks we stored away.  Although something tells me one of us and it isn't the one writing this blog post has already been in the survivor snacks.  Mental note...next hurricane season have my own stash of snacks because someone doesn't commit to storm only provisions and probably isn't going to be too good on rationing if it ever came to that. 

My antique French pot rack has turned out really cute.  I have found a few other decorations for it.  I will take a picture soon and post it.  I have my Erin Dubroc wreath hanging on the decorative apple picking ladder in the entry way.  It looks awesome there.  Again, a picture will be coming.  I hung the stockings that my mom made and a wreath and a little quilted basket done by her hands.  While going through Christmas decorations I came across a shoe box that clearly didn't belong in the decorations.  I think it was one of those things in the moving process, you don't know quite what to do with something so you stick it anywhere just to get it moved.  That box was full of Barbie outfits my mom had sewn.  That stopped the decorating process on Saturday.   I added our Christmas wreath on the front door today.  Had to go and buy a bow to put on it to cover up the wreath hanger.  Looks rather nice.  Yep, simple and tasteful is the way we are going this year.  Lots of pretty lights on the houses in our neighborhood and of course there is the one neighbor that still has all their Halloween decorations out.  Now where is the HOA on that?  Oh, yea, they are in my flower beds counting my plants and they have probably discovered the illegal bougainvillea in the backyard. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just an idea. . . and don't know where you would find them. . . but we had little hangers for our Barbie clothes - just thought that if you could find some - you some of those Barbie clothes as ornaments on your tree. Think that it would be very special and sweet! Just a thought. . .

Hang in there sweet friend!

LMS