Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Joy and New Mercies, They Come in the Morning

Yesterday morning I woke up early and I was fully awake when Roy called to tell me my mom had passed away.  Even when you know that this news is not unexpected, I don't know if you are ever fully prepared.  My dad was there with her when she made her transition from this earthly life into her inheritance and future.  I sat at our island counter and bawled.  The tears were a mixture of sadness, relief, and joy.  I did the 2011 thing and posted her passing on Facebook.  One friend texted me back the verse, joy comes in the morning.  Yes!  What a word, my mom had found her joy that morning.  She was free from that hateful, conniving, thieving world of Alzheimer's.  She was overwhelmed with joy being in the presence of her Savior and Lord.  Mom was greeted and welcomed by her mom and dad, friends long gone on before her and new friends she didn't even know. Maybe she is even getting to sing a duet with one of her favorite Gospel singers, Vestal Goodman.  I like what Cassi wrote, your mom and my mom are meeting for the first time and that just blessed me because Cassi means so much to me.  His mercies are new every morning...and my mom experienced the greatest new mercies of the morning and of her life. 

No comments: