Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Catch Up, Ketchep, or Catsup?

There haven't been too many minutes for me to steal away and write a few thoughts, but I have found writing energizes me and my spirit finds life in putting down a few words here and there. This morning I have nothing profound or funny to expound upon. So many times when we find ourselves overwhelmed, busy and our time budgeted for us and in order we think, to be able to meet all the demands, we stop doing those things that bring us energy and life. We cut out the fun and refreshing, for the immediate and mundane. That is so wrong. We nix what brings us life. So, for the sake of my spirit, energy and passion for the day I am going to write a few minutes this morning.

On Saturday, Dena and I went to a late lunch/early dinner. We caught up with each other at Lupe's. Rocked our world, the chips, salsa and queso. I mean it. Ever since Lisa P and I went to Lupes about a month ago, I have been craving the jalapeno, cilantro chicken she ordered. Oh my friends, it was every bit as good as I remember from the little taste I took from Lisa's plate. The week leading up to our meal, I really watched my calories cause I knew it would be Katy bar the door. Oh my, I went away fully satisfied and even later in the evening when I reminded myself how good the meal was and how much we ate, I told myself, I would do it again. There is just something about their salsa. It is healing.

Pulled out the crock pot again on Monday and made another roast. This of course being done in the name of all things autumnal. I had bought everything at the grocery store to make Tortilla Soup, but never was home long enough to make it and let it simmer for several hours. So it is on the agenda for this weekend. Looks like all our autumnal offerings might be working, I see that the low is 59 and the high 84 on Friday. Oh Father, let it be! My worn but comfortable gray sweatshirt is calling out from the closet to be officially worn in honor of cooler temps.

Last night, God's presence was so real in Bible study. If you were there and didn't get a word, you must be dead. That's all I have say. Sometimes it is so hard to write and listen. You don't want to miss a word. We are settled in at the table and taking in the Word. Every study or lesson I have heard taught on Esther never really moved me. Lot of people get stuck on "for such a time as this" or in the beauty of Esther. Nothing wrong with that and in my life I have heard a lot of lessons on Esther, but none every got down to the bones of- dang it, she made a choice and was brave and courageous in doing so. Beth taught on fear last night and I came away with some ammo to fight the enemy with over the fears that can immobilize me in a heartbeat.

Ugh.... I have jury duty tomorrow. I do not want to be picked for a jury. Lots of reasons, but mainly due to the fact that I have a hair appointment of Friday. On Saturday I drove the route to the Jury Assembly room and at least know where to park.

Dena asked me if I could write a poem for Mustang California's Anniversary using different song titles about California and San Fran. Could I? It would be my joy and pleasure. So after work and before Bible study last night I knocked that thing out. Once again, my spirit was energized and loved the creative challenge.

Well, I better get ready for work. Wednesday is a long day for me. Jason is speaking for WNBS tonight and I am endeavoring to emphasize the importance to different classes of keeping a roll. Not every been asked for on Wednesdays but in the spirit of Spiritual Milestones we are asking them to do a new thing.

3 comments:

The Synnott's said...

i love lupes.... its the best!!!
i also finally think fall is here. those temps are looking good!!! lets pray they keep going down... im making your soup this weekend too... another sign!!!!

Lisa Pierre said...

It's always good to catch up. Started to call Courtney this am when I felt the coolness, but it was way earlier than her peek-a-boo time.

FitzandMolly said...

lisa p., i was awake when mike left the house to go ski at 6:45. you could have called. of course, i did go back to sleep, lest you think i'm crazy.

i am making chicken and dumplings tomorrow!