Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Funny and Sweet Man

I was tagged by Jessica to answer questions about my man. So here we go.


  1. Who is your man? Roy (sweetie, hunny bunny)

  2. How long have you been together? 30 years married (one year dating, see below)

  3. How long dated? We dated 3 months before we became engaged

  4. How old is your man? OK, he doesn't like me to say, so I will just let you know he is the same age as the old speed limit, you know the double nickel.

  5. Who eats more? That's hard to say because it depends on the food. If it is Chex Mix, ice cream or candy, he can eat the whole bag or carton in one sitting. But then I eat more if it is something I like, oh let's see, like white cake with white icing or chips and salsa.

  6. Who said "I love you" first? Roy did, but I had to ask him last night. I couldn't remember. I know that is so sad, but I remember other good stuff.

  7. Who is taller? Roy

  8. Who sings better? By default, it would be me. Roy is tone deaf.

  9. Who is smarter? Definitely Roy. He graduated from LSU, has a MBA in Finance from U of H, he is a CPA, he is an attorney, CIA ( Certified Internal Auditor), APA (Accredited Petroleum Accountant) and a certified SCCE (Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics)

  10. Whose temper is worse? It had to be mine early on, but now we are a tie, although I am more vocal with my temper than he is.

  11. Who does the laundry? We both do.

  12. Who takes out the garbage? Roy

  13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? What, is there a wrong side? If you are facing the bed I do. If we are in the bed, he does.

  14. Who pays the bills? Me

  15. Who is better with the computer? Roy

  16. Who mows the lawn? Uh, I don't know their names but they are on staff at the condo we live in.

  17. Who cooks dinner? The fine, fine folks at Rice Epicurean, Pizza Inn, Goode Company Bar B Que, other wonderful take out places and sometimes me and sometimes Roy.

  18. Who drives when you are together? Me. We were leaving for our honeymoon the day after our wedding and Roy handed me the keys to the car and said, I don't ever care if I drive again. He drove us once to church and we were in an accident and he drove me home after my hysterectomy and he hit every bump in the road. The man needs an engraved invitation to change lanes. It is a good thing he asked me to drive cause I would have to be on drugs if he drove most of the time.

  19. Who pays when you go out? Whoever has money or the Am Ex card.

  20. Who is the most stubborn? Roy

  21. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Me

  22. Whose parents do you see the most? Other peoples... no not really, mine.

  23. Who kissed who first? Roy kissed me first, but it was on my To Do list, he just got there sooner than me.

  24. Who asked who out? Roy asked me out for a concert and I already had a date to it. Then he asked me to go to a football game and I really had other plans, but changed them and I am so glad I did. We worked together at Pennzoil and before he asked me out on a date, he told me he would like to take me out to lunch when he got back from Brussels. He did and I thought he was an arrogant so in so and he thought I was the shallow person he had ever met. I was surprised when he asked me out and truthfully I was surprised when I changed plans to go out with him.

  25. Who proposed? Roy did or rather he wanted to on New Year's Eve 1976. We went out, but I had year end closing and had worked late. I was so tired. We went to a New Year's church service and afterwards he wanted to go get coffee, I was too tired. So he asked if he could come in the house. I told him I was too tired. Again he asked if I would like to get something to eat...nope, just take me home, I am too tired. On January 3rd we were talking on the phone and he says, "Nancy, I want to marry you!" I was stunned, he is asking me, no telling me over the phone? Then Roy says, "I would have asked you on New Year's Eve, but you were too tired."

  26. Who is more sensitive? Me

  27. Who has more friends? That would be me as well.

  28. Who has more siblings? That would be Roy. He has 4 brothers.

  29. Who wears the pants in the family? The one who should and that would be Roy. Most people might think it is me...but no, I trust him and his decisions completely.

OK, I tag Lisa P.

4 comments:

Mauimom1 said...

Nancy, You are so funny. Your blog is awesome. I am still laughing about engraved invitations to change lanes-the fine folks who prepare your meals...and the fact that you worked at Pennzoil...what is Pennzoil???? I don't think we have those here!Hope you are feeling better! Blessings to you Sweet Sister!!! Missy

Nancy Mon said...

Hey Missy, welcome! Thank you for commenting. Pennzoil was an oil and gas company back in the day. Now, I think they own Jiffy Lube and was bought out by Devon Energy. Please come back and visit any time.

Anonymous said...

okay, I am laughing so hard about Roy's driving and the romantic proposal. :) love ya.

Unknown said...

the proposal is priceless! that was hilarious!