Monday, September 14, 2009

It Just Ain't Right

It just ain't right. There is too much territorial movement happening and I feel that maybe, just maybe, I am the only one paying the price. What price, precious, precious sleep. Roy and I finally got smart several years ago and bought a king size bed. Two people over 6' tall should not try to share a queen bed, especially if one of us, me, hates to have her feet touched during the night. I also don't like them to be touched in a swimming pool. Getting a pedicure doesn't seem to have a phobia attached to my feet. But of course, I digress. When Tiff the Wonder Dog was alive, she slept smack dab in the middle in between us and maybe a tad closer to Roy than me. Tiff was in love with Roy and tolerated me. If I got up in the night to go to the necessitarium, I would return to Tiff being in my place in bed. I'd tell her that I would give up my right of sleeping in that bed if she Tiff, would perform all duties that comes with being Mrs. Monarch. Didn't seem to move her.


Now we have Buddy who is somewhat consistent in her nightly routines but will throw in a difficult night now and then just to see if we are paying attention. Buddy sleeps right by me. Doesn't want to have anything to do with Roy. She does do a look see on him checking out where he is. Buddy is more particular to how she sleeps between us. My arm and the pillow have to be arranged correctly or she will make the trip several times until we've adjusted to her full comfort. She sleeps on my arm or beside my arm. Of course I can't stay in that position for the whole night, so eventually I turn over. That is when she readjusts and puts her rear end up against my back and my space on the bed is drastically reduced throughout the night. Roy must get to feeling left out because he migrates to my side and soon Roy, Buddy and I are sleeping in a space that would be more comfortable for ONE, me. Except for anytime someone touches my feet, usually Roy and I send them scattering for cover, because I start kicking. It is effective, I get more space on the bed after an episode.


Buddy attacked me a couple of times last week in the night. Don't know if she has a bad dream or she's mad over something that happened during the day. She isn't biblical at all and totally blows off the verse, vengeance is mine, thus sayeth the Lord. Usually when an attack happens she is quickly banished from the bedroom. So far she has just attacked my arm and hand, but I get a little nervous thinking about all her little toys whose faces have been ripped off.



Look at her, she has just awakened from her mid morning late nap.
She still has the sleepies in her eyes.

Take this look and add big eyes and that is what she looks like right before an attack.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you ever have to pull your feet out from under the covers because they are so heavy and irritating????

Anonymous said...

Hysterical! Our dog, Remington, sleeps with us in our king sized bed. Of course, he's a Jack Russell...and USUALLY does not take up too much room!

When he wants to sleep near Richard - he's at his feet (as I tend to kick). If he wants to sleep closer to me, he shares my pillow! LOL

Lauren said...

Oh dear. Behave, Buddy.

FitzandMolly said...

i will stay away from your wide-eyed cat...