Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Costume Bunko-Oh What a Time!

Monday night was Bunko and to put a little fun spin on the evening, not that we don't already have tons of fun, we decided to come in costumes. Having a little fun for Halloween, I mean Fall Festival or Harvest Festival day. Peggy came in as a last minute sub. Really who else would be available to play on short notice complete with costume?


Just for comparison sake, I added this "normal" picture.

Table 1 turnover.


Here is Amanda as a 50's cutie, complete with saddle oxfords. That is Christine next to her and she came as Sloppy Joe. If I hadn't come as a Vegas Mob Doll, I had also thought about coming as Christine's new BFF from East Texas who just happens to be a beauty beautician.



What???!!! Kate plus 8 played Bunko on Monday. No, it is Michelle. I love that since she is a mom to 2 boys, she borrowed the babies from friends who have girls. She played Bunko all night with those babies attached. Or for those of you who remember the sign, she had "Babies on Board."


Cyndi and Dana came as some fierce pirates. Love the tattoo sleeves they wore.




Bette came as Cleopatra and Linda came as an Aggie from Texas A&M. Hey Linda, I thought we weren't supposed to wear scary costumes! Whoop (s)




Again here is Amanda and Sloppy Joe. Next to them is CourtneyS. She came as the Sham Wow guy. Only with her headset and Sham Wow's we thought she was an order taker at a fast food place. We didn't notice the Sham Wow label on her shirt. Fortunately, there was some coffee and water spillage and it was Sham Wow to the rescue...kind of.

Kay wore her, get this and try not to be jealous, oh if you are jealous stop right now confess and repent, now proceed.... Kay wore her MIDDLE SCHOOL track uniform. We made her run a 100 meters and she took .25 seconds off her best middle school time. Wow, after having two babies! According to the pictures I took, we should have voted Amanda most popular.


I put Kay and Amanda's picture right before Peggy and me. Kay and Amanda are best friends just like Peggy and I. Could it be that this is what they have to look forward to when they are in their 50's and 60's? I do recall that Kay's mom, Mary Ann, and I made black moustaches out of construction paper one Sunday morning because we wanted to go to Roger's, Kay's dad, men's Sunday School class that he taught. I don't think the guys knew that two women had infiltrated the class... OK, we didn't fool them but we got to stay.

Peggy and I came as Vegas Mob Dolls, past their prime. Think I will post the rest of our pics together on Facebook.


Of course there was some last minute primping to be done. So Peggy put her finishing touches on in our lobby. Roy was reluctantly there to take some pictures. A man walked through, saw us and continued with his head lowered. Roy stands up and says, "Hey I can get you a date with two hot women tonight!" The man hurriedly but graciously refused.


Peggy wore a dress that her daughter Jenny wore for some Baylor thing and I had on a late 80's cocktail dress. For such a special occasion we both wore mink. Not for long though, it was too dang hot to wear them for any length of time.















7 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Looks like loads of fun....loved the pictures. Next week is my week to have bunco and I have Christmas trees all over my house....What was I thinking...time to declutter and move it all to my shops.....tired just thinking about it....

Anonymous said...

and i thought the Simpsons were playing Bunko-just never knew the mob gals wore those "spiffy" shoes! What Fun!!!!!

Grami's girls said...

You must have gotten your hair done at that little beauty shop in Timpson, Tx that you talked about!! How funny!~

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!!!

FitzandMolly said...

for the record: i got home and poured water all over my counter to try the shamwows again. unimpressed, i must say.

Marty H said...

These pictures are great! Thanks for sharing. Some plastic surgeon guy could use you and Peggy to advertise his lip enhancement collagen - haha!

Ali said...

Mildred and Gertrude dressed to kill on a night out ... love it!