Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Oh Happy Day, O Happy Day

This has been a totally fun day. Right off the mark I took boxes to be mailed to the estate sale lady in Shreveport. Heck, we threw in a few things of ours for the greater good. Then Peggy and I played phone tag until we finally reached each other on my way out to Pearland or as Lisa P reminded me, I should call it the land of Pear. Seems like I go to a lot of lands. Now we need to plan a trip to the lands of Wood. So guess you can tell I went to the land of pear to meet Lisa P for brunch at the rockin' happin' place, Mimi's. I have been craving Belgian waffles and I got my fix this morning. It was so Good and of course our conversation was here, there, everywhere. We talked so much about Bible study last night. So much to ponder and think about. If Beth had taught all 7 of the seals I might still be there at church sitting in my seat. Worship last night was awesome and I am not just saying that because Lisa is my friend. So Lisa and I sat through the non crowded brunch time into crowded lunch time. She went with me to the Academy across the street as I search for the $2.88 shorts for Roy. I procured one pair. Think he is set for shorts now. Lisa and I must have sang parts of 20 songs this morning. That is just so much fun, well for me at least. Singing with Lisa is one of the most fun and best times of my life.


Thinking of worship songs, these days around here we could change the words of These Are the Days of Elijah to These are the Days of Enron. I have been shredding paper like I was Arthur Anderson before the feds served the firm. Fortunately, what I am shredding is nothing like that. But it's time to shred old bank statements and papers from when we owned our townhouse in the hood. Three times yesterday I had to stop because the shredder overheated. I keep myself encouraged by telling myself that by working on closets and storage there will be room for things that sit out now to be properly put away. Roy is so on board with all this cleaning and he has finally thrown away so much JUNK he kept. Of course I am guilty of this too, but hey, it is my blog and I can write that if I want to. And Roy has brought more paper into this home with all his mother's records etc... We are slowly but surely De-cluttering.


I love my Community Bible Study homework this week. I had it finished by Monday night. If you know me at all, I am not too much of a homework person. But I love the dimensional aspect of the study.

Well, it is time to get ready for choir. Love choir! Love that it is not only practice but a real time of worship.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i concur- Worship was awesome last night- God has gifted all those ladies with such sweet voices and Lisa and God sang that last song together for sure! I think lots of us had "chillbumps"