Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Finally I Get to See Pictures of De-Coy Roy as a Boy

Roy and I have been married for 32 years and in all that time I had never seen a picture of decoy Roy as a boy. He didn't think there were any pictures of him and when he asked his mom about pictures, well she gave her standard answer... I don't know.


So as we have been going through the cleaning out process of her house, my sister in law Deborah has undertaken the HUGE task of sorting and identifying pictures. Wow, thank you for doing such a great job! The family has found tons and tons of pictures that no one knew anything about.


Here is Roy in a suit. Guess he was playing CPA and attorney. Nah, I think they were going to church.



Alfalfa Roy is found below. This pic is from 1958-1959.




Roy is getting his hair cut in front of the chinchilla cages. Yes, chinchillas! Roy's dad had a ton of hobbies all through his life. Roy thinks that is his younger brother Mike coming out from the cages and his brother Tommy in the chair. Roy said Mike used to put his fingers in the cages and let the soon to be coat bite them.



Roy thinks that the picture on the left is not him and I think he might be correct. The one on the right is definitely him.






Here are a couple of pictures of Roy still sprouting the Alfalfa look and the buzz cut.



I like these two pictures as well. I especially like the bow tie look.




Here are the four Monarch boys. Patrick wasn't born yet. So this is Mike, Roy, Tommy and Jackie



This is after the funeral of their mom. Thomas, Roy, Patrick, Jack and Mike
It has been interesting and fun going through all the report cards (Roy told me he had never made a C in his life until law school. His memory isn't that good on recalling grades I've discovered), baptism and confirmation certificates, and other sundry types of childhood achievements or accomplishments. All the other stuff he has brought home hasn't been as much fun as this.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! what a fun revelation- all these pictures hidden for years!!! Even just knowing Mr. Monarch from the Joshua class i'm with you on the picture that might not be him! Have a fun afternoon!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love the pictures...how fun

Michelle said...

This is great Nancy! For sure put a smile on my face this morning! The alfalfa picture had me laughing!

FitzandMolly said...

and how does decoy Roy feel about his childhood pics being out there on the www? ;)