Monday, October 5, 2009

First October Monday Update

Oh, what a lovely lunch. Tuna fish on rosemary bread from the play grocery store. And now I have to tell you about a new food addiction, orange delight cake from Moeller's Bakery in Bellaire. Oh baby, oh baby, it is soooo good!!! This cake will change your life.

Roy came home from S'port with his grandmother's cedar chest in the back seat. We thought we were going to have to rent a SUV or truck to bring it home. I love how one thing can cause a chain reaction. By bringing this home, we worked in the guest room all afternoon yesterday. Roy keeps his clothes in there and two armours and a triple dresser later, 9 bags of clothes for Good Will. Why did we do that you may or may not be thinking. Silly rabbit, we need to move the stationery bike/clothes hanging bike to a temporary spot to get the cedar chest in the room. So we put all Roy's clothes that he wears to the more accessible triple dresser. Along the way I found a couple of things that I had thrown in probably when someone was coming over as a pop in. Now I am going through the bookcase in there keeping a few books and putting many more into the Half Price Book box.


Of course, along the way, I have found sentimental notes or something I had written and never sent. Found two books that were so instrumental in my walk with the Lord from high school. Love to read the margin notes and what has been underlined. Found some Sunday School notes from Cecilia Tally's class. She is such an awesome teacher and was a pretty fine tennis player at one time. Along with those things, I looked through the 1989 pictorial directory from choir. I would blackmail a few people but then the picture of Roy and I is about one of the worst pictures we ever took. I am also covered in book shelve dust. Now I need to go through my duck collection and decide what I am going to keep since I haven't collected ducks in like forever. The the very few Beanie Babies from years gone by. Think I will just give them one by one to Buddy and when she has torn their faces off, I will throw them away.


In all of this, I found my notebook and account for our wedding. The notebook I will keep, but seriously why am I keeping the bills and cancelled checks? Then I think well maybe I should keep them so I can tell those stories every young person, notice how I have gone old on ya by using that term, can hear how we got married and I only had $1200 to use. I have written before how God rescued our wedding expenses by a lady who just happened to be a wedding coordinator for Braeswood Assembly of God. Now that part of the story is God honoring and glorifying. I think if I just keep the bills, it reminds me of the not so good part of the story.


I played sabbatical from church yesterday morning. Of course with the sermon being on temptation, I gave into temptation to stay home. It was a rainy morning, Roy out of town and I couldn't find my small umbrella. Aren't those great reasons to stay home? I did hear the service on the radio and the choir and orchestra knocked it out of the park. Loved getting texts from friends in Sunday School. This week wasn't weird prayer time but awkward silence time. Peggy told me about Darlene's response to sheep not drinking from rushing water. She said, well what if you have a coat that shrinks when it gets wet? That is a great answer cause sheep are just wool balls on legs. Darlene, you are brilliantly funny!


Looks like Roy will not be making too many more trips to S'port. The estate sale lady begins getting everything together tomorrow and Roy signed the real estate papers so that the house can go on the market. Other than arguing with Merrill Lynch, he has most of his assignments taken care of.

I haven't done an update on casserole lady in a while. In May she was very nice to me and offered to let me borrow a pair of beautiful earrings for the wedding I couldn't go to due to short dress. So I thought, hmm...maybe she isn't wishing for my demise anytime soon. A couple of weeks ago her grandchildren were visiting and they stopped in front of our door and I heard one of them say, Grammy, is this where the monster lives? Uh, maybe there hasn't been a change of heart. Last night she saw us carrying out the 9 bags for Good Will and she thought we were moving. Or maybe was it that just I was moving?

Well, I better get busy with sorting and I think Taco Soup sounds really good for dinner.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE that you said "Silly Rabbit!" i haven't heard that in forever and it made me laugh! thanks for the fun! and that cake sure sounded delicious when you bought some the other day but now i know what a powerful life changing bite it might be!

AyDubb said...

I was born and raised in Shreveport (Keithville mainly), and to see the word S'port made me smile. Not many people know they can write the city that way (even on a envelope) and get away with it.

FitzandMolly said...

I lerve Casserole Lady updates.

Anonymous said...

Nancy, don't give me any points for brilliance. That question came from our own Becky's quick mind. I didn't know wool would shrink when it was still attached to the sheep. I'm still pondering why the sheep won't drink from moving water. Missed you yesterday.