Friday, May 25, 2012

Siri and Sonic

When Roy brought home a new iphone for me, I cannot tell you how excited I was.  Love the iphone and its capability to do so much more and so much faster than my Android phone.  The reception at home seems better too although we are still with the same carrier that got to come late to selling iphones and related products.  There is just one thing that I thought would be so wonderful and has been less than a pleasant experience, Siri.  Seriously, Siri can't seem to understand a word I say.  If I slow down in making a request, Siri times out.  If I talk too fast we are nowhere near close to anything I've said.  Others have written about their frustrations with their personal assistant Siri.  Now I join them.  On the Biltmore trip, we got to laughing so hard at Siri's response or lack of response.  I started saying gibberish just to see what the response would be.  Silly me, I envisioned asking Siri for mileage details or locations of Dreamland Bar B Que.  Good thing we had our trusty 2012 Cracker Barrel map in the car and we didn't need to disturb Siri with such banal details.  Maybe that's it.  Siri finds me boring and is totally snubbing me.  Don't know and don't care.  She's no Lassie that's for sure.  That dog understood everything!  Maybe Siri is really overseas answering questions and instead of me not being able to understand customer service reps from other lands, she cannot understand me.  Siri needs to quit Apple and go to work at her local Sonic.  You can never understand anything on there. 

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Can't wait to get to spend some time with you....Amanda has started reading your blog now....I know you are going to be a great resource to them...and a special friend...