Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Water Features. Song of Solomon and Other Junk

I am happy to report we have not had any more "eventful" nights like Saturday.  All is calm, all is bright...the brightness is due to the house behind us that has every inside light on, all day, all night.  You can tell this is a builder's spec home that is still on the market.  The house is on a weird shaped lot and their breakfast nook seems like it could be an extension of our patio.  That might bother some, but not us...well I can say that because the house is quiet, empty as of late. 

Thanks to those of you that have called and emailed checking on my status.  This episode came out of the blue and it makes me wonder if I had a bug or something.  On Saturday night I was a little concerned that Roy might need to take me to the ER because it felt like my heart was jumping and vibrating, not sloshing like it can get when it wants to go out of rhythm.  I am glad I have an appointment next week with the cardiologist. 

So since Sunday I have mainly stayed home.  I did venture out yesterday to mail a couple of things.  Timing was perfect with the rain, because it was pouring every where else but around our neighborhood. So, it was a somewhat adventurous drive both going and coming back home.   It has been a great time to catch up on some reading and to go through magazines to get them ready to be recycled.  Yesterday must have been delivery day because several things that we have ordered were delivered.  I ordered a really cute clock for one of the guest bedrooms and it was delivered yesterday.  I love it but it tick tocks way too loud, so I changed it out with a clock in my reading room.  I also had ordered a Coca Cola cooler and it came too. 

The water feature by our home is really high.  No one can give us the correct verbiage for this thing.  It is not a lake, it is not a ditch, it is kind of like a retention pond and why are some called detention ponds?  Guess the later has conduct issues.  There always is water in the feature and it has been designed for a slow meandering body of water.  Most of the water ways in our area, lakes, and features are a conduit for Buffalo Bayou or is it Braes Bayou...it goes into one of those bayous.  And this feature is not a bayou because it doesn't extend back into the Pine Mills subdivision that is kind of back behind Rancho de Five.  I don't know where the water comes from but all that aside, we like living off a water feature or whatever it is.

Since I have been reading through the Old Testament there are more stories to be added to my list of, never heard anyone preach, teach or tackle this chapter.  Well, maybe that's not true, some of these have been taught, but hey judges other than Samson or Samuel or Gideon don't make it out of the book like you know , David and Goliath, David and Saul, David and Bathsheba, David and Jonathan...well guess you get the picture.  I've been in the midst of David's story.  I'm now getting into the Solomon era and I have had this thought.  It seems to me that teaching out of Song of Songs or for those older than 50, Song of Solomon for wives is a bit flawed.  Solomon had over 700 wives and who knows how many concubines.  There are weekend seminars and the like for wives or women looking to be a wife based on Song of Solomon.  But no matter what Shunnimite or whatever her name is did that made Solly baby so happy, it still wasn't good enough for good ol love em and leave them in a mansion and move on to the next girl Solomon to be faithful just to her.  That's the flaw I see and the message of the story to some will be, no matter whatever you do to please your man, you'll never be good enough.  Now there's a Bible study.  Of course I am joking...about the Bible study and I am not a theologian, but it is a funny thought.  Maybe SoS should be kept in the allegory genre.  OK, I know I have strange and odd thoughts when I read the Bible in the middle of the night.  Maybe a trip through Acts of the Apostles and the Epistles of Paul might not be so amusing to me. The end  World without end, amen.  Selah......

My books are calling out to me and I want to resspond.  Have several good ones going that I will be sad to see the stories end. 



1 comment:

Never Enough Food said...

So funny! I'm reading the bible in a year and Solomon died yesterday...