Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Little Post on a Thursday

Rancho De Five just had some significant rain, well at least at our house.  The doves were lined up on the fence with their wings up so the rain could refresh them.  I should have taken a picture because it was a beautiful sight. 

We had an incredible time at Bible study this morning.  We answered homework questions on Genesis 2 and 3.  The depth of wisdom and insights were plentiful.  It was good to have Jenea` with our group today.  So glad she signed up to attend in this in-between time.  What fun to be together again with Jenea` and Becky.  We worked together in the ED Suite at church and those were some rockin' good times. 

There is hope that I will finally learn how to tie a scarf.  I have so many pretty ones but I can do a knot or let it just hang there.  The fine folks at Coldwater Creek has a booklet with ten different styles.  I am looking forward to being fashionable and attractive this fall in my scarving.   Just an observation, I don't think there is ever a time that their clothes are not on sale.  No paying full price.  I wasn't even going to go there but stopped in a Get Personal Katy to pick up a flat iron cover.  Got a great deal on a retired pattern of Vera Bradley.  So I walked through CWC and saw a couple of things that needed to come home with me. 

Last night Dena brought over pizza and dessert.  It was delicious but the fun is being able to live close enough to do these kinds of things again.  We watched Toddlers and Tiaras and Duck Dynasty.  Roy joined us for DD, as he wasn't that interested in T&T.  I wonder why? 

Roy and I are getting away for a few days of R and R.  So Buddy has been a little suspicious that she just might be going to camp, although she probably calls it prison.  I tried to act all natural like I wasn't stalking her or anything.  She had gone under the bed on her blanket to the far uttermost part of underneath the bed.  So after watching a little TV to make her think...nothing new happening here, I went into the bathroom and turned on the shower.  She loves to get in the shower and that drew her out of her hiding place.  I kind of felt guilty picking her up and taking her to camp.  She was not happy to go to camp.  It always makes me kind of sad, well, really sad but not sad enough not to go on our get-a-way.  Oh, we have people here for our few days away, so don't get any ideas. 

I better take care of a few odds and ends.  I'm packed for the most part, but things like a reserve pair of glasses and charger cords always need all that last minute attention. 

No comments: