Sunday, September 1, 2013

Welcome Around Here

The last minutes of the morning on the Sunday before Labor Day.  Phil, the flag guy of Rancho De Five, got our flag set up yesterday and it will fly till September 12.  With me being kind of sore and not up to speed and with the lateness of the TCU/LSU game, we slept in and took another sabbatical Sunday.  This past week felt so jam packed that having a few days of easy and rest are welcomed.   This is the week that Dena became an official resident of Rancho De Five.  On Monday I helped Dena bring a Sequisha load of her things out to her house.  Wednesday, moving day, Peggy and I helped Dena at her apartment and then brought another load of fragile things out to her home.  Meanwhile in between all of this moving I am trying to confirm my Thursday morning procedure with the hospital and with the doctor office.  Finally, I got ahold of Earnest, the scheduling nurse, and found out there were six life and death surgeries on Thursday morning and my procedure would have to be moved to Friday.  That scrambled life a little bit.  So Thursday and Friday schedules were flipped.  I was happy not to miss Thursday morning leadership council meeting for Bible study.  Then Roy and I headed to Lupe's for lunch and then to Luke's Locker to get new tennis shoes for Roy.  We went to Target and Lowe's and then stopped at Dena's to see if her new furniture had been delivered.  Such fun, Dena's sister and brother in law were there and Peggy dropped in.  So we had fun rearranging furniture and helping think of different ways we could help Dena spend her money. 

So I finally sat down and read the info that came with my loop recorder.  I have to carry an ID card all the time in case the device sets of things in stores.  Really?  I cannot tell you how anxious I have been going in and out of stores. 

Last night, Dena came over and we had Midway BBQ and started watching the LSU game.  Since she roots for the Aggies, she probably felt like she should stop watching a future opponent of her team.  No, I think she has stuff to do and she is probably tired after a fun and eventful week.  Roy picked up the BBQ and even brought home cobbler, but LSU is on TV, his attention and conversation is turned to gold and purple.  Probably Dena was tired of the LSU talk. 

So now it is evening.  This afternoon we picked up Dena and made an afternoon stop at BWC.  They serve breakfast till 4:00 on the weekends.  I got the Napoleon French Toast and it was delicious.  Dena got breakfast and Roy got a hamburger.  He isn't a fan of breakfast food.  Anyway, we headed over to Lowe's.  She needed a ladder, trash can and a few other sundry things.  These things were not going to fit in her car.  Happy to help. 

Roy is excited that there is a Castle marathon on all day tomorrow.  I mean really, he has them all recorded.  I'm going to put out fallish décor hoping that inspires fall to come sooner this year.   I love that we can take it easy this weekend.  Rest is welcomed around here. 

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

I always debate putting out the fall decorations. I do it, in hopes that when fall finally does surprise us, I will be ready. But then I'm always an angry person until then because I have my fall decorations out and it's still 115 degrees.