Sunday, February 10, 2019

A Week Goes By, Nothing of Interest To Read Here.....

The sky is gray and overcast now but today there was some sun and just a tad bit of rain. Not really rain just more like sprinkles here and there. Riley went out early this morning and stayed out a little later than usual. She has had a full day. This morning Riley and her cousins played on the deck, really played, didn't fight. So encouraging and it helps that Camo is scarce these days which keeps peace in the family. Buddy has been on guard duty and has spent the majority of her day downstairs keeping watch. She fought through the glass with the kiddos earlier, so she is on point for any cats getting attention, other than her. The only good that comes out of this is, she is tired in the evenings.

This morning Lisa texted to see if it was a good time to talk. It was and so we did. Covered all the news at home and abroad with lots of laughs included. She led worship at a retreat this past weekend and she was telling me about the speaker and her subject using the book of Esther. I told Lisa I am knee deep in studying the golden calf.
***************
One of my favorite movies is on, All About Eve. Nice to have on in the background. Today I had the special privilege of being invited over to Brenda's for breakfast. For any who have had breakfast with Brenda know what a feast we had. And...I came home with breakfast for tomorrow. After spending a wonderful morning there I headed out for the errands of the day, getting Buddy's meds and a stop at The Fresh Market. The vet office helped me with a plan to get Riley into their offices. So our goal is Tuesday late afternoon.
*****************
I just looked out the window and saw Riley sitting near the gravel road looking toward the backdoor. That is usually a sign she wants to come inside the garage. So, out the backdoor and just looked her way, not even calling her name, she came running...straight inside, no playing around or sitting for a few minutes. The temps are much colder than even a couple of hours earlier and so that smart kitty kitty came inside. Meanwhile a mockingbird has discovered his image/discovered a supposed interloper at the window. He sits there and preens and then attacks the window. I do not know the mind of a mockingbird but being in love with his own image has freed the bird feeder to one and all of the birds. This morning I thought someone was knocking on the door but it is just a bird, enamored and captivated.

Yes, this season of life is ruled by cats, or so it seems. Last night Buddy could not, would not get comfortable to sleep or stick around. Thus, it was a very rough night for sleep. I would grab a few extended minutes here and there but usually that sleep had weird dreams to accompany the rough night.
****************
This post should be wrapped up because it has gone on too long. A little bit here and there and then life calls and don't get back to the blog. Part of it too has been several movies this weekend that are favorites; Now Voyager and Yankee Doodle Dandy. Then preparing a Sunday School lesson for today. All week I had been reading and researching but didn't get it all written out until yesterday. Then there were two little projects to take care of...and of course there is always the quality decision not to write out everything I am thinking or want to say. So, sometimes when that is happening, it is difficult to write about the fun things or the everyday things.

It was kind of sleeting with a little bit of snow on the way home from church. My friend Jan gave me a cat carrier she's not using since she doesn't have a cat anymore. So now I have the carrier and I'll check in a little bit on the food situation out in the garage with Riley. If she likes this new more gravy like food, I'll put one of Buddy's chill pills in it to get her to be a little calmer for this new change of life for her.

Ingles has pretty good orange chicken of which I have mentioned before, so that is what I had for lunch today, with a little bit of rice. A little nap is calling out to me so once all the trash has been gathered to be put out by the road later, believe I will indulge in a few minutes of sleepy time.





No comments: