Sunday, February 3, 2019

First Warm Sunday In A Long Time

This is the absolute universal truth, the people that pull out in front of you from a side street? That will be the fastest they go cause once they are in front of you they slow down to a slow...slow crawl. It is true in Texas and it is true in North Carolina, so it must be true everywhere one drives. Today, when this happened, I recognized the turquoise truck that has done this to me before. Ugh...

Because this year, it doesn't matter who is in the Super Bowl made the decision easy for me to pick up the few things I needed from the grocery store today. Tomorrow, it might be a more crowded situation and maybe even Sunday. We used to do our shopping during the Super Bowl cause everyone else glued to the TV in Katy. Don't like either team but I do like the Puppy Bowl. Now that is cute!

The bully mockingbird is back keeping all the birds waiting in the trees. It is a beautiful sight seeing all the birds as he keeps everyone at bay. This afternoon Strawyer took an interest in the mockingbird and shut down the bullying for about thirty minutes. There are baby squirrels playing along the pasture fence above the gravel road. They are fun to watch but they grow up to be squirrels that want to raid the backyard of flower bulbs. The robins are plentiful in the front yard and of course the ever lovely and present cardinals.

So I used to enjoy reading Twitter, for news, sports, entertainment and dare I say it for encouragement. You can still find good things on Twitter, it just takes a little longer and some diligence to find the good. Everyone, conservative and liberals, undecideds or decideds are angry. Angry and mad about the same things or opposite things. Even at times when a neutral statement is made about....oh who knows, anything, someone is going to come out loud and mad over something. It is so difficult to wade through. Some people leave Twitter, some lurk and read and others...well, the do the fast scroll past issues or items or news that has everybody all worked up. Not saying the issues or items or news is not important, it is, but the anger...it is more than I can deal with. Guess that response gave away which one I am. There was a day I'd be all over this stuff, angry, speaking my mind and letting someone have it...cause it was a skill set that developed by dealing with a narcissistic parent. Being angry takes a toll and takes a lot more energy that I used to have a deep deposit of, now even though this is the best I have felt in a long time, energy can be depleted in a heartbeat.

Yesterday in a new store I had never been to and with a long line to check out, I felt that first twinge from warmer type weather that hits and depletes my energy. It happened this morning in church, I began to get a little warm, never felt woozy but sat down for the last half of the choir song...but kept singing. It feels so hot in that loft at times. As much as I am enjoying the rise in temps, that little bit of a temp hit keeps me honest in keeping with feeling good.

After having a fun social day on Thursday of meeting friends for lunch and having a bit of a catch up Friday, Saturday with the good weather seemed like the time to go visit friends in Lincolnton. The thought occurred to get up and get an early start but sleep and the sun rise in my eyes at so early of a time persuaded me otherwise. Got on the road about 9:15 am. Had a wonderful time there and included a quick stop at Marilyn's Sweet Addictions, a delicious lunch at Good Wood and some shopping in downtown Lincolnton. Also had a little extra time to stop in Morganton to visit The Weathered Home. Saw a work of metal art that was very difficult for me to leave there in the store and I pondered the purchase for a very long time, but decided against it. I was able to get home with the sun still in the sky, so that meant I got all the kitties taken care of. Even with leaving breakfast before getting on the road Camo must have beat them to it.

I tried on Friday evening to see if Riley is more receptive to being picked up. She is not. It wasn't as bad as the first time trying, but it still wasn't good. I am trying to think through the future with her and I don't know, that feral part of her is still a huge part of her. Buddy, isn't taking too kindly to her presence which right now is just spending the night in the garage. After she has been out all day, Riley comes in, wants a few treats and then hits the sack and sleeps really, really hard. I owe Buddy a lot and she is first place in my heart when it comes to cats. But, I will give it a little more time. Riley is a sweetie that's for sure....


No comments: