Monday, January 29, 2024

Distractions and Discipline, Might Have to Attend Bad Sunday School Teach School

 Our Monday already has some distractions to contend with but mostly laugh at. There is a little bit of snow falling, won't stick, but when really small flakes fall I noticed something. Notice is my One Word for the year. In the midst of these small flakes a larger flake or two make appearances. Instead of the gentle fall those bigger flakes come in like bomb divers. Falls straight to the ground without a whiff or a waft. 

GMoey was a tad lethargic yesterday and even before we left for church we had to do a clean up on aisle 9, the stairs, of cat regurgitation, translate that from GMoey. He has stomatitis and his teeth will be removed in February. We keep dry food away cause he swallows it whole, then we see it later in a different form as what went into his mouth. This morning we called the vet and he has an appointment later this afternoon. I was able to get some of those treats that come in a tube...liquified, in him. He has kept that down, so he is getting some nutrition. Calling the vet to talk about getting him an appointment, I was calm, gave facts and kept emotions on an even keel.  When they called back with a time, that is when I went into my nervous Nellie voice...then apologized cause I realized what I was doing. Almost, yes, almost held it together. 

Our other excitement didn't involve me except trying to help Roy figure out what the ruckus and noise was in the kitchen. This mechanical roar came from under the sink as he was fixing his coffee. He is pulling out cleaners and such while I got a flashlight. I think garbage disposal when weird noises come from the sink/dishwasher area. Finally, Roy realized his size 14 foot had tripped the in house vacuum cleaner that we never use. The plus is reorganized side of the cabinet and consolidating a few bottles of carpet cleaner. 

We studied Nimrod and the tower of Babel yesterday. Got a later start to the lesson so I kind of rushed through it but I also got us distracted by taking a bunny trial that may or may not get me sent to bad Sunday School teacher school. Cause there are times even though I be older, I have a childlike  I mean a childish sense of humor. Maybe I will share that, maybe not. Anyway, it is entirely different when one focuses on building the city being the main point. It wasn't the tower. The city kept the people from doing what God had spoken, disperse, go populate the earth, not gather together in a city not wanting to leave those social confines. The tower of Babel does have a spiritual sense in that it was considered a religious building to meet God on the tower, in the air...if He was needed. The tower was a distraction, a way to unify the people, one common goal and played on the age old fear of, God might not keep His promise. That tower was waterproof, you know, in case of flood, climb tower. Nimrod's spirit and influence is still at work today. Unify, distraction, and God cannot be trusted. Now, here is where I took the turn...I was talking about a conference and a noted SBC type had attended. Not the type of conference you might find a SBC type...much less a woman SBC type. So, let's see how can I say this without really saying it. Hay, my favorite fragrance in the fall. Yes, hay...Hay. What do you use to keep rows in your garden straight and weed free? Why of course you use a hoe...Put Hay with the h*e and that is the last name. Mentioned the sing songie chant you can hear at concerts or games, Hay....hoe.... Or even better yet, say as in a greeting or shouting across a distance, Hay....h*e. I am so glad the class was laughing...cause I specifically prayed, this week, asking the Lord to give me strength, not to make fun of a name. But, being the immature elderly woman that I am, "Oops, I did it again!" In our class we have lots of laughs and yet we learn God's Word and His truths. Yes, the name was a distraction just like the tower...ooh, good spiritual turn there Nancy. I am thankful that when we talked about the oven fired bricks and that the people were kind of proud of their invention, I did not sing...they made a brick house, they were mighty mighty...only Nimrod was called mighty three times in Genesis and once in a minor prophet who escapes my remembrance right now. 

This came up in Memories on FB. 

Broken hip recovery fun.
I am having fun and keeping myself amused by talking to realtors who want to re-list the house. Uh no...we love Courtney Wade McEachern! Then the telemarketers. Just now a call came in about our factory warranty on a car we don't own anymore. I start the conversation with a very weak hello. So this guy goes right into the spiel and as he is talking I start to fake cry and say, they told me you wouldn't ever call me back but you have and this means so much to me and gives me great hope. That is when you start reeling off fake instances of very bad break ups and the fake things that broke your heart. This guy is trying to break in my crying letting me know I have him confused with someone else. My response? My one true friend said you would call with a disguise at first to see if I will take you back. I will but in all fairness I need him to know I've gained a little weight topping the scale at the highest ever about 402 pounds and my good leg ain't working well. I have just three more payments and those dentures will be mine again. Silence on his end. I think he must have hung up. I have always had the ability to entertain and keep myself amused.

Ah, recovering from hip replacement surgery can make one a little bit crazy. This happened in 2017. As you can see, my maturity level is still....the same as it was only now I know it is wrong. Okay, I knew it was wrong talking about the hay, hay, hay name. 

Last night our church had the member business meeting. Roy had to fill in to give a report cause the chairman was recovering from surgery. Lots of business to take care of  and all the while a football game was being played. Many in that room had the thought in the back of our minds. If the meeting had gone on any longer I might have taken advantage of, "does anyone else have a question?" I was prepared to ask, for church minutes in perpetuity, if snacks would be served anytime soon. They would probably revoke my re-up being a Sunday School teacher for the new calendar year or be sent to bad Sunday School teacher school. 

No comments: