Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Hibernation Feels So Good

 Y'all know I am a Publix kind of gal but when Roy looked at King Cakes he was disappointed that the King Cakes at Publix are made in Massachusetts. What? Good thing I am not a fan of King Cake or I might just be very disappointed. 

The women's Bible study for this semester started last night. We are doing the study The Great Disappearance by David Jerimiah. We watched the intro and I am real excited about the study. Maybe I can quit saying if it's prophetic I'm pathetic, when it comes to teaching prophecy. 

From the FB pages that are a part of the city I was born in is always interesting. Lots of Wabash railroad stories, buildings and the like. The thing about the city seems to be a problematic solution of  what to do with buildings that were once beautiful and haven't been maintained is to tear the down and build a parking lot. Didn't Linda Ronstadt sing about this? Anyway, with diminishing population in the city I just wonder how many parking lots do they really need? Then some investigation from people who want to know are looking into the legality of the process and is someone benefitting from all these tear downs. 

Last night I pulled out a tried and true favorite for studying scripture, Warren Weirsbe. I turned to his commentary of Genesis 8 and no pun intended but he blew me out of the water with his insights. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about what he said. Got up and wrote down some thoughts as well as read Genesis 8 again. Then I went downstairs to get the book and read his insights again. I think I will probably rewrite notes today because while what I have studied goes in hand with his, I just like the personal and applicable touch. He mentions several times, his wondering if the family got on each other's nerves that year or so in the ark. I've been wondering about all the animal poop. Guess they had to shovel it out through the 18 inch space for air and ventilation. Of course I'm thinking big shovels but I doubt that is what was used.  This time around studying Noah is totally different than any other time in the past. There is so much more to see, to notice. Notice is my One Word for 2024.  

Word on the web is the probability of snow beginning Monday afternoon and into Tuesday. Maybe even accumulation of a couple of inches. It is always nice, well it is nice for the first snow. I might better find my Wilma Dykeman book of articles she published in Knoxville and in New York City. Her essay on snow is just so beautiful. Gosh, I didn't realize until this morning she married into the Stolkey food family. Her husband kept enough interest in the business to support them but he was a poet at heart. I also liked her novel, The Far Family. 

Camo has been around more often but we have seen only one of her three kittens. That's not to say they have come to an unwelcomed end but she usually in the past has favored one kitten. We have not seen the black and white one but this morning saw the Camo-ish looking kitten. 

********

Monday morning holds the hope of snow but the reality of it being mostly rain. Forecast models are all over the place but we are in our one place and don't have to go out. That is a very nice thing. 

Yesterday, I went with the Genesis 8, Warren Weirsbe thought of God with us and strengthening us before, during and after the storm. Cause there was a lot of work to be done post flood. Several in our class have been to the ark in Kentucky and added some depth to our understanding of what and how. I mean one can only eat chick pea and humus for so long. I am considering going straight into the life of Abraham with a little bit of an intro. 

I never have minded the month of January. I kind of like it. The beauty of winter and the treasures one finds in these chilly and cold months. Not being on the go so much has made inroads in down time with The Boys. Mr Mo hangs around me more and GMoey doesn't seem to get enough lap time even joining me in the mornings when I blog. In fact, he is on my lap right now purring away. The circle of social gets smaller now and maybe that is a good thing. The student ministry had a game night last night for a fund raiser to earn money for camps this summer. Since I limit myself in January and the first part of February to smaller type gatherings, we had to miss but we shall support. 

It is snowing all around us but not here. Kind of funny. It is colder in Houston than here. Oh well, tomorrow is a really really cold day. Glad not a string of them. 

 


No comments: