Thursday, August 16, 2007

All in All

I am so glad this week is over. It has been busy, stressful, fun, reflective, thought provoking and now it is almost over.


I am feeling a blog coming on about SWBTS and their new Master's degree for women with a homemaking emphasis. These type of courses have not been offered since 1909. Hmm..that should tell us something. I am a little too tired to write about this tonight and I am not a feminist by any means, but come on. Why do the powers that be in the Baptist world continue to make us look like rubes? Other denominations will even make women Pastor's but Baptists think a few hours of textile courses and cooking will make a woman. Come on people, read Proverbs 31! That contains more than cooking, cleaning and sewing in it. Let's just say if I don't see a Master's degree in Duct Tape, household repair, car maintenance and toilet seat lessons for men, I will consider it discrimination.


One of the highlights of the week was singing Carpenter songs with CourtneyS today. Steven Murray joined in on our last few renditions. I am also publicly apologizing to CourtneyS. We said we would sit together at the Staples lunch and learn today and I mis-read the universal sign for, we have the same type of beads on, for oh I already have someone to sit with. Besides, I didn't bring anything to take notes with or on and Jessica said she would take notes for me. What I find funny is this, because of all the rain and flooding in Houston, Mission Burritos couldn't get to church to serve lunch. So, we attended the meeting, stomachs growling, and attention spans waning we learned how to order on line etc. Just when it looked like we were going to have to eat at The Garden Cafe....Mission Burritos made it just in time. So, by the time we were served and had eaten, the one hour lunch type deal had been expanded by over an hour. Today, will all the rain, it was good to have a free lunch on my lunch hour. CourtneyS said she was going to blog me about not understanding her sign language, but I think I redeemed myself when I called them before she and Debbie left for Subway in Debbie's Hummer and they were able to come back for a delicious Mission Burrito lunch with all the fixins.


I got the results from my Birkman test today. I tested out very high on the creative side. On the graph, for most of my results, they were at the opposite end of the spectrum. I had a few balanced areas. Working tested out very low for me...no surprise there, but how I deal with control and work was a little surprising but true. This test shows the usual, what people see or what we let them see and it shows our internal needs, the part of us we don't show too often. I found it pretty much right on for me... I felt like maybe they had been reading my journal.


Roy and I went to Buffalo Grille tonight and had breakfast. Then we ran to the Kroger's for a few things. People were already in there panic shopping in case of Hurricane Dean. I have to admit, I picked up a few more Balance bars and some string cheese. That was my panic shopping.


I will write more later on the degree, but I wanted to include what I made and have included in my application to be a part of this degree program. If you want me to make one for you, just let me know.


Paper plates, macaroni, felt and clothespins. Oh no, not only am I using this on my application, but I have spoiled several of y'alls Christmas' cause I have made several of these for your Christmas gifts. Oh, just put a ribbon in your hair and act happy when you receive it.

No comments: