Thursday, August 30, 2007

What a Discount

I know I am over blogging right now, but hey when you have the energy and the mindset to write, ya just got to go with it.

Shopping- Is it just me that people who aren't working full time get in on some of the best specials ever. Like yesterday I went to Macy's in Memorial City and I brought along coupons for 10.00, 15.00 and then 20% off. So with the 10.00 coupon I used it for a pair of shoes that were on sale, then marked down 50% and with the coupon the grand total came to 5.34. Then I went to the lingerie dept and used the 15.00 off and then I bought a blouse, vest and tailored trouser jeans for like 68.00. Fabulous!

Online, I found a Micheal Kor skirt deeply discounted at the Nord. And I already mentioned yesterday the books...

OK today, I met Laurie M at The Nord for lunch. Beforehand, I ran to Eddie Bauer's. I had bought a summer sweater (now that is an oxymoron if I ever heard one in Houston. A summer sweater is anyone who lives in Houston!) that they had left the security tag on. It didn't go off in July when I bought it and it didn't trip the alarm when I came in the store to have it removed. While I was there...sale rack, 50% off the sale price. For the grand total of 38.00 buckarinos...(nod to Ned Flanders) I got 3 t shirts and a cute navy skirt. But wait, there's still more. After a very fun lunch with Laurie...and I want to give a little shout out to Susan Kirby and her husband who happened to be lunching at The Nord as well...always good to see you Susan, I stopped at the Play Grocery Store to pick up yogurt and bananas. In the clearance basket was a set of summer silverware for 14.99, six place settings and shrimp forks to boot. Y'all, 15.00 bucks and they aren't plastic. I hate to admit this but we still use the silverware I bought right out of college. Right now some of my "presentation" friends are freaking out. But the pattern has come back in style at least 4 times since then. Along with the silverware, they had cupcake candles marked down and several fun things for birthday gifts. How cool is that?

This certainly has been a fun two days shopping wise. It has also been fun Buddy wise. I have had time in the mornings for her to crawl into my lap and purr. She cannot get enough lovin' in the mornings...and I am always rushing out to the door to work and can't give her enough time. It also hit me that I rush out the door and don't pay enough attention to God and you know Him, He is LOVE. So He is always up for some lovin'. Today, Buddy even helped me type some comments on other blogs. I love Buddy....and oh yea, I love God! Have to give my props.

Laurie M made a great observation about blogs, they are like a daily Christmas letter only better. You can chose to read a blog and you chose to comment. It's all good!

Well, I better bring in the rest of the groceries and settle in with a book. I go back to the Nord for a massage tonight, then Dena and I are going to hear Kirby John Caldwell and John Maxwell in the morning. I am really looking forward to that.

I had to share all my great finds from the past few days. One of my objectives too, is to find a new vacuum cleaner. Anyone have a suggestion on which is the best to get?

Peace Out...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Ooooh, get a Dyson. A purple Dyson.

The Synnott's said...

i say go to the oreck store. you can get a really great one for cheap... but its TEAL. thats what brian and i did. its great with animal hair!!!!

Anonymous said...

ooh. we have a yellow dyson and i love it! i got mine at bed bath and beyond and they let me use one of their 20% off coupons. i have millions if you need one.