Saturday, September 1, 2007

My Most Domestic Post So Far



Well, there she is. Roy and I bought a yellow Dyson last night. I thought Roy might choke over the price, but he was the one asking the most questions and trying out all the different models. Amanda had given me the first suggestion of the Dyson purple model, but after Roy's extensive testing he thought the yellow would be just fine. All I can say is WOW! I cannot believe the amount of dust and dirt this baby picks up. Thank you Amanda and Jaclyn for steering us in the right direction.
This evening Roy and I went to The Nord to get the pants I bought him during the Anniversary Sale cuffed and hemmed. We ate at The Bistro first and I had worked up quite an appetite with all the work I did around here today. I had the crab bisque and crab stack and Roy had the turkey and rice soup with the black forest sandwich. I was hopping to snag some fries off his plate but then he went all healthy and replaced the fries with fruit. Oh well... After we had finished in the men's dept at The Nord, we went to Dillard's and found a blue blazer for Roy. He doesn't always have the occasion to wear suits or blazers, but now he is totally prepared for such a time. We were going to do more shopping but Roy is finishing up Revelation in his Sunday School class and he thought maybe he should get home and study.
With all the college football on this weekend, it reminds me that fall isn't too far off, well in other parts of the country, but the football brings me hope of the days ahead. I love CourtneyS post on the anticipation of fall. It is my favorite time of year and soon the Bistro will be making Butternut Squash Soup and Ginger Carrot Soup. Fall food is fun and it is about the only time of year I will cook. I make a mean Tortilla Soup and I make a huge stock pot full and then freeze it in individual servings. If you want the recipe, just let me know and I will post it. It is a chicken broth based soup.
Yesterday Dena and I went to Harvest Church to hear Kirby Jon Caldwell and John Maxwell. I came home full. I love how Kirby Jon's topic was Economic Development for the church, but he would start preaching and have to stop himself, because it was a lecture type setting. There were business people in attendance and I hope the Word penetrated their hearts if they do not know Jesus. I took tons of notes, bought three John Maxwell books, and the DVD of Kirby Jon's talk. Last night at dinner I told Roy everything I had heard and he already has plans of putting so much of what I shared to work in his office. Probably in later posts I will go into detail and share with you all what I learned.
Today, I had my iPod on while doing all my cleaning. I was in my bathroom, mopping the floor and doing a deep cleaning on the counter top. I was listening to Richard Smallwood and Vision. Had a great moving beat that kept me moving on. Since I had only downloaded the album several days ago, I had not had a chance to listen to it all. Right there in the middle of cleaning and sweating like a Houston sweater, the song, 'I Love the Lord' began. It is the song that Whitney Houston sang in the Preacher's Wife. The words to that song melt my heart and I stopped right in the middle of swabbing and began sobbing. I stood there in the bathroom my arms lifted up in surrender and I sang along. I am sure my neighbors thought someone was ill cause remember, I have on an iPod. My singing scared the cat. She was no where to be found when I opened my eyes as the last note faded. It doesn't get any better than that, cleaning to beat the band and the sudden stop for worship. I dried my eyes and continued on not more energized, but as always so thankful for the Lord and His great love.
As we left for The Nord tonight, we detoured to the church. I needed to get Option Sheets out for September. I had Roy bring a box up to my office and on Tuesday I am sending out an email that I have a box of candle sticks, candle holders, throw pillows, and decorations free for the taking.
Seems like I had more to tell, but this will have to be it for now. There are several books calling out to me. Have a wonderful Sunday and a safe Labor Day Monday.

4 comments:

Dana said...

Oh Nancy, a Dyson! The folks at SWBTS would be so proud of you! I bet you get a few extra course credits for owning one of those!

I love when the Lord stops my cleaning and gives me a moment of worship, I've had a few times like that as well and it is very special. It's like He is saying hey, you know I don't care what you are doing, I want you to take a moment with Me.

Lisa Pierre said...

I need the candlesticks.

Anonymous said...

Did you enroll for that degree and not tell us???? lol

I love your shopping news. Okay, I was jealous of all of your shopping finds!

LMS

Sassy Shae said...

Sorry, Dana, you only get extra course credits if the idea for a Dyson was already in the syllabus or in Proverbs 31 of the Domestic Non-Diva Bible.