Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday Conversation with Peggy

Finally, Peggy and I were in Sunday School together on the same Sunday. Between her busy "Bain Bed and Breakfast" schedule this summer and well, I think I was there mostly...anyway finally, we were together in Sunday School. This was also the Sunday to change tables. Periodically on some unknown schedule we switch tables, therefore giving an opportunity to make new friends, but keep the old or something to that effect. You know it is a good system and it gets you out of your comfort zone, but neither Peggy nor I are fans of the whole thing. This morning as we were checking out the options of where we would land, Darlene told us we could sit at the back table and form our own group. Either she was being really, really nice or really really sarcastic. I am choosing that she was being nice. It is not that we are trying to be snobby but Peggy and I have ADD and if someones quirks distract us, we are as good as gone mentally for the rest of the class. There is one lady, very sweet, but Peggy has been stuck at a table twice with her. She comments all through the lesson. A statement or fact is made and if details weren't given she shares with the table while the teacher is talking. We wanted to steer clear of her. There is one lady in the class whose table I have been at and she doesn't like me. It is so obvious how she feels about me, I can take her or leave her, but I don't think it is right of me to inflict me onto her or her table. So we finally got to sit together in Sunday School.

So here is some of our conversations this morning

In the hall after the service

P- who was that? She said she wanted to show me something and then she couldn't find what she was looking for.

N- you know her. That is _________. She's been here forever... she was at the manger when Jesus was born...no she was the last person who got a room, so she is why there was no room at the inn.

P-I have no clue who she is.

In Sunday School

Dena- (teacher and resident lurker on my blog) give me word problems. I love reasoning those out.

P- you're weird!

D- Well, I have always said I was a nerd.

N- who cares about a train leaving Seattle?

P- who cares about tomatoes costing 4.20?

N- Just buy the things and worry about all that dividing it out between people later. (note to self-become friends with those who don't like tomatoes, thus the need for solving word problems resolved)

Leaving Sunday School and walking to the parking lot together

N-I got a call from ______on Friday about prayer. Don't they know if prayer is involved, I don't want to have anything to do with it. (inside joke)

P-Who is that?

N- you know her, she is married to _______.

P- how can I be a member of a church for so long and not know these people? I have to go to Nordstrom's for some facial stuff.

N- I am going there for lunch. Want to eat with me?

P- can't have to go to this girls grandpa's party and take pictures.


Cell call from Peggy

P-that white truck nearly took you out. Did you see it coming?

N-it wasn't a truck it was a mini van and I only saw it at the last minute.

P-did you cuss?

N-nearly, but you know mini vans always make me cuss. ( I hate mini vans whether I am in one or behind or beside one. People drive them like they are buses)

P-they are usually filled with a bunch of screaming children and the mom can't concentrate.


In the Nord Parking Lot

P- Millie, where are you?

N- I am over here beside your car.

P-I was right behind you, I saw you turn into the garage, but how did you park so quickly?

N- I was checking for parking on the first level, then just went up a level.

P- it is shorter than the way I came.

N-I don't like going through the rug rat Macy's parking area.


For some reason as I sat here this afternoon and thinking about some of our bizarre, but typical conversations I wanted to share today's with you. I love our conversations, they are all over the map. Sometimes when we changed subjects, we make the sound of a car swerving. And if we loose our train of thought which left Seattle at 2:00pm going 56 miles per hour, we always make our way back at sometime in the day to complete what we began.

We have made some unique promises to each other.
  • If one of us starts wearing double knit and SAS shoes, there will be a definite intervention

  • No complaining...well at least not to others.

  • We have each other's back
  • We want to live on the same floor at The Forum, but we want our own apartments

Peggy has a great sense of adventure and I have had more of them because of her. It is not the possessions we acquire but the adventures to be had and lived. We have laughed together and here of late because of situations beyond our control in loved ones lives, we have cried together...and prayed for one another to get through everything without saying things we would regret later. I cannot imagine what my life would be like if Peggy had never been a part of it. I would have had a lot less fun and I wouldn't have the greater understanding of loyalty and steadfastness that she lives out daily.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

You don't need to post this, but I wanted to say that I loved your comment. LOL. ...That you wanted to remind Roy on your 30th anniversary of how you used to cook. Love it. I guess with my crock pot post you uncovered the reason for my recommendation of the PURPLE vacuum. And if you have to buy a vacuum, it could at least be the cool, trendy vacuum, right? Congrats again on your anniversary! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I saw you girls in the hall, but before I could say 'hi' someone else pulled me aside. Thanks so much for blogging about Peggy! I miss being around her! You two girls just look at life so differentoy! I loved it when Peg and NancyMon were on our hall and going to camp. Your humor. . .your faces. . . they are the best! Being around you and Peg have been some of the best days of my life! Thanks for the laughs!

LMS

Anonymous said...

obviously you never saw me drive my mini van, i drove it like it was a sports car :)

happy pamela said...

i'm teary thinking about my close girlfriends. . .the two of you are such an inspiration to ADD conversations everywhere. . .

PHH

Nancy Mon said...

Pamela, you know you can join in our ADD conversations anytime. None of us will miss a beat. Thanks for commenting....will we be seeing a blog from you soon?

Kari, you would be the first person I ever saw drive a mini van like a sports car. That would be such joy!