Friday, September 21, 2007

I Gots Me a Word This Morning

I had made up my mind last night I would not post this morning on my blog. The past two weeks have been extremely full and I need the morning to catch up. But, I had to post. A sista shares with a sista. We tell each other when the shoe racks go up in The Nord, we pass on discounts and coupons, we tell each other about deep discounts at stores and we tell each other about new places to eat. We tells it all. So, it is imperative for me to share.


Last night I was looking through the new Radiant magazine and I saw a reference to a verse. This morning I decided to read the whole verse. I opened my Bible to the unlikely chapter of Proverbs 31. It's not that I don't want to be a Proverbs 31 woman, it is just when I read it, I feel like the journey to that prize is just too dang stinkin' hard. This morning I begrudgingly opened to the book of Proverbs so that I could beat myself up with my failings when I saw it... there it was in all it's glory of black ink on white paper...vs 14- "she is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar." Girls, take out is biblical!!!! And multiple trips look to be biblical as well... she is like the merchant SHIPS. Ships is plural...or in my case very descriptive of my physical shape right now. I think being overweight would be too much of a stretch to attach biblical on it... I am carrying too much cargo on my stern and in my aft.


Well, there you go...Nsight with Nancy.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Oh Nancy, I heart you, I heart you, I heart you...and I lurves you too!!! Thanks for the word girlfriend you are such a blessing to me - cargo and all!

Oh, and your aft is smaller than my aft.

Oh, and your word verification looks like this:
pizzq close to pizza which comes from afar and helps to load that cargo up...thought that was confirmation from the Lord! Amen?

Anonymous said...

You know. . . I love it when you see something new in the scriptures! Thanks girl for sharing!!

LMS

FitzandMolly said...

I loved the part about your aft.