Thursday, September 20, 2007

This and That From the Week

It feels good to be home. No, I haven't really been anywhere but away. There has been so much going on. Roy and I ate dinner at home, chili. I am hoping that by doing fall things by faith, fall will arrive sooner and I am not talking about the calendar date of Sunday, but fall in the temperatures. This week in the mornings and evenings the hint of fall to come is in the air. I lurve the fall what little we get here.

On Monday I had an appointment with Cheryl. Cheryl saved my life several years ago or at least she helped me move through one of the most difficult times of my life and to me that is worthy of saying saved. I love how she continues working forward thinking in me. She gives me intriguing topics and thoughts to work through until my next visit.

Monday evening's book club was extremely fun and challenging. What a diverse group of women. Cris gave a description of what she hoped the group would develop into...not just lovers of books and reading, lovers of friendships and all the possibilities of fellowship and a group that would meet together through the years. Actually Cris is doing something that I have thought of doing and never could figure out how to accomplish it. Cris is a genius! Of course a book group, that is brilliant. She has brought together her friends from every area of her life, neighborhood friends, tennis friends, church friends, work friends, and friends from back in the day. On my way home through the monied streets of River Oaks, many thoughts were going through my mind. It hasn't been since my tennis days to be around people different than myself. Although I consider myself well read, it is in Christian and Southern worlds or in business books that I camp out and I suddenly felt like my choice of reading is inadequate. Next month we are reading The Glass Castle. It is a memoir.

CourtneyS and I had lunch at Pizza Inn today. It has been awhile since we have been there. As usual the pizza and salad were awesome. The Pizza Inn is run and staffed by good people.

Peggy sent me a devotion by Charles Swindoll. I have made a copy of it and plan to keep it by me in the coming weeks. How do we live our life? Even Cheryl mentioned how good of a story would my life make right now. And in the book In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day, the author asks that same question. Am I too busy in the midst of stuff to take time to investigate the burning bushes in my life. It is only when Moses investigated the burning bush that God began to speak. Pondering place for me right now.

Tomorrow morning Malcolm Pierre is having a biopsy. Malcolm is married to Lisa P. If you think of them and Josef and Kamri lift them to the Father. Lisa has blogged about this journey.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Do you ever go to Star Pizza? I miss that place. I'll definitely be praying for Malcom.

Laurie said...

The Glass Castle is one of my favorite books. I think you will really enjoy it. I love it so much that I give copies as gifts to my friends. But just a warning: it's not a "happy" book.