Friday, September 14, 2007

Gross Me Out at the Ballgame


Last night was HFBC night at the Astros. We knew what kind of night we were in for when we hadn't even taken our seats and the Cubs were ahead 4-0. Dena, Emily and I were standing in the hot dog line during the first inning scoring frenzy.

Things looked up because we shared a row with the Mangrums and The Sanders. Michelle and I are doing a duo blog on the evening. So please check her blog for her take on the evening. I think you will be pleasantly entertained.


After a bit, Emily and I traded seats so I could visit with Michelle and Christine. We were having a blast getting caught up and laughing when Christine nudged Michelle and then directed me to look at the row in front of us to the left. There was a couple and as my friend Beth Rees and I used to say when we worked at AstroWorld, they were truly in love. We said that because usually we were witnessing a public grope fest. When the Astros gave us lemons, this couple gave us lemonade. They were the most entertaining aspect of the game. Oh, this wasn't some crazy hormone raging teenagers, it was a couple probably in their late 20's or early 30's. Come to think of it we never really saw the woman respond to any of his gropes... Public grope? Just say nope. He had a body builder type body...very muscular arms, but his fingers moved under her shirt and into her skirt like a nimble fingered musician. If that had been me I would have been laughing so hard because I am so ticklish. Even Jonathan and Zach were laughing and then Dena, who was the closest to them, got really tickled. No, he wasn't groping Dena, I mean laughing kind of tickled. We thought we had seen the funniest part of the evening when he received a phone call. Instead of holding the phone in his left hand, he held it in his right hand and had his arm extended and up like someone showing off their biceps. His elbow was right in her face. She moved around his elbow several times so she could watch the game, but he never took the hint, he kept it right there.
We all went back to our individual conversations and occasionally looking at the field to see why there was cheering. Dena and I decided we would leave at the bottom of the 7th inning and bottom is going to be an operative word here. So, it was the 7th inning stretch and we are all singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame and none of us opted for the stretch, we remained seated although singing. Guy in front of us still on phone but since girl has stood up to sing, he now has his phone in his left hand. So while she is belting out the song...it happened. Dena and I saw the move, he reached up toward her rear end and...warning this might be two words you don't want to read.... he reached toward her rear end and pinched her on her butt crack. His hand was like the parting of the Red Sea. I looked at Dena to see if she had seen the move. Her expression told me she had been a witness. So like Mary and Other Mary we had to tell the disciples (Sanders and Mangrums) what we had just seen. We all just started laughing... in shock, but laughing. Christine said it right when she said they were like a train wreck, you couldn't quit watching.
So in honor of that couple please sing with me to the tune of Take Me Out...
Gross me out at the ballgame. Please just get a room.
We were taken aback, when you pinched her butt crack.
She could sing:
Grope me up at the ballgame...
Well, you get the idea.
Oh, Pastor Gregg threw out the first pitch, Astros lost, and we saw HFBC friends. That was about all the happenings at the ol' ballgame!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

you crack me up..it might be tonight..but i got a blog coming.

Anonymous said...

Oh, its true people! Train wreck it was. I had no desire to look upon this site, however the fear of missing something, that could later be turned into a joke, or even a song was frightening to me....so there I sat, pointing, laughing and and occationally vomitting a little in my mouth! It was all worth it! Thank you Nancy for creating this word picture for everyone else to enjoy!
GO 'STROS!
Christine

Lisa Pierre said...

Had they already enjoyed pre-game, would it have been post-game or would it have been a double-header day for those 2?

Amanda said...

That just amazes me. At the last One Day we sat behind a couple that could not keep their hands off each other. And they were real nerdy too. I'm not sure if that made it worse or not, but it was just plain weird and gross.

Anonymous said...

And to think. . .where we sat. . . all we did was watch the boring game! However, we were allowed to listen to a great conversation about the operating room. The more they drank - the louder they became and the incisions kept getting wider and longer!

Thanks for the laughs!

LMS