Wednesday, September 26, 2007

More Thoughts on Fall

Let me say thank you to all who have suggested different ways to bring Fallish weather to Houston. UloveBeth is making the huge sacrifice by not shaving her legs. Something I had not thought about doing to try and usher in Fall.

I think I have found a way to be Fallish, get the bug that is going around. My allergies have been acting up something fierce the past few days. Took meds and drank plenty of fluid, but last night in Bible study I could not get warm. I was shivering and was so happy to walk out in the heat and humidity afterwards. Roy came out to the car to meet me and carry in my messenger bag, Vera Bradley and very cute. He felt my head and told me I had a fever. So, I have slept most of the day except for when I got up to drink plenty of fluids and then get up to deposit the plenty of fluids. Buddy slept at my side most of the day, which she isn't too wont to do and of course I began thinking about the cat in the nursing home that lies down beside a person getting ready to die. These were not comforting thoughts, but what the heck, she was lying still and not on the prowl keeping me awake.



Update

These are the beautiful roses that Roy sent me for our 30th Wedding Anniversary.





Thought I would give you an update about my little tree that I wrote about several months ago. I took this picture and the next day most of the leaves had been stripped off. I noticed yesterday when I left for work that little leaves were beginning to grow. Ya got to love a tree that keeps on trying to grow.

The Marie Calendar's Chicken and Dumplings were really good. I added a can of peas to the mix cause I like a lot of veggies in my dumplings. I noticed that the Kroger has Marie Calendar's Crock Pot dinners on sale this week. I might need to try another one. Now, I am not trying to freak you out Courtney by cooking and commenting on cooking. No, it is not one of the 7 signs or a sign of the Apocalypse... Roy must have thought it was a one time deal, he put the Wassail Warmer back in it's box and put it up in the closet. I may have to take him to the ER if I ask him to pull it out of the closet again next week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nancy i hope you feel better! We miss you!

Anonymous said...

Nancy, Thanks for the tree update...my has it grown!!!!Could the leaves have turned red & gold and FALLen? Here's to your health (get better soon) and your Marriage of 30 years (many more to come) p.s. I thought you looked a bit peaked on tuesday night!!!

Ulovebeth said...

Nancy, one word: Airborne. Studies show it doesn't work. But if I take it just at the beginning of a bug knocking on my immune system (nose that might feel stuffy or sore throat), I don't get sick.

My eyes popped wide when I read that I made the monablog for not shaving my legs. I hesitated when originally writing it, but it was the truth, so I spilled it.

For posting the comment, I need you to petition the Lord for my husband since I am a single lady, because it could possibly scare off suitors that google my name. I really want those 30 year anniversary roses some day. :)

Do you remember when you and your man hid 5,000 eggs with me while I was on crutches? At that moment, I knew you had a good egg for a husband. Happy Anniversary!