Wednesday, September 19, 2007

More of the Fun Same oh same oh

I just got in from the Astros game. Peggy and Bill have season tickets and I forgot how good their seats are. If I hadn't been so busy talking with Peggy I could have caught a foul ball. I mean that thing was right above me head only by about a few inches. It landed in the seat right behind me. Then we went right back to our conversation. Once again we had a couple several rows in front of us who were gaga over each other. Not train wreck worthy watching though. Peggy and I left at the 7th inning stretch after enjoying a wonderful dinner of peanuts and frozen lemonade.

Monday night I went to my first Book Club meeting. It was a blast! We met in a home in River Oaks. It is a home I have noticed so many times during the Christmas season and now I know what it looks like on the inside. We read a book by Amy Tan that really no one really liked. There were new friends to meet, friends from tennis and a friend from jr high and a friend from high school.

Tuesday night Bible study rocks! Here is a little shout out to Missy from the OKC. Hi Missy!

Roy's speech went very well in New Orleans. Next year the conference is in Chicago...Yahoo!!! I'll be there. With all the talk about crock pots and cooking, I thought I would have a little fun. So, Roy and I were talking and I said...I've been thinking about when we were first married and the stuff we used to do. Roy perked up...yes???? I said remember Sunday afternoons....Yes!!!! Do you remember how we watched some of the football games on the weekends on TV....YES!!! I said, well, I think it is time to revisit the past... YES????!!!!!! I am going to make dinner in a crock pot! Oh....then Roy just started laughing...he said....Nancy, you are way too funny. I love that he loves me, even when I tease him after a time intensive trip to New Orleans.

Roy and I are watching The Trouble with Angels. So, I better run for now. I have to be on time in the morning, I traded with Jason. He is picking up the Starbucks for a meeting and I am doing morning check in.

3 comments:

Mauimom1 said...

Hello Nancy! Loved the shout-out! What fun it was to get to see you on Tuesday! I forgot to tell you that until I read your blog, I had no idea Nordstrom's Bistro even existed. I tried it on Tuesday. Needless to say, I CAN.NOT.WAIT to eat there next week! You rock sister, and so does your blog! Have a great week! Missy

Lisa Pierre said...

Glad you read. I thought it was "same old same old."

Missy gave you one of the highest compliments the other night at Bible study. Sweet of her. I am so glad I was there to see and hear it happen.

Love you Nancy.

Nancy Mon said...

It is, it is just my play on words with my thoughts. Not old, but oh.